Possible Recall 2002-2007?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
I installed a Trans. gauge(autometer) along with a PML aluminum transmission pan. I just had to tap and thread the pan for the sensor.I believe with the steel pan a threaded insert(bung) would have to be welded to be able to thread in the sensor.

Sounds like something I might need a little help with should I ever get around to it. Nice to know that it can be done, though - Thanks! :)

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So putting in on/off switches to control the radiator fan does give you a check engine light but the light goes on only after you start changing the speed to be the speed that you want.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So putting in on/off switches to control the radiator fan does give you a check engine light but the light goes on only after you start changing the speed to be the speed that you want.

what's the stored CEL code?

also do you have the HD cooling package where the e-rad fan is only one speed?

Last edited:

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the hd cooling shroud when I got the jeep back in early 2013 and the electric fan is two speed. After finding that I could put a clutch fan On my jeep I went a head and bought a clutch fan and installed it. My fan is a two speed so what I did for this mod was to use there diagram and did that for each the low and high speed circuits on the jeep and no more CEL even when I take control over and tell the jeep to turn off low speed and turn on high speed

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm confused now since your posts conflict with each other.
Do you get a CEL when you manually turn on high speed or low speed?

renegade 04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before I put in the relays to trick the computer I would get a CEL when I would change the speed to high or low but after I put in the relays there was no more CEL. Need to remember to switch off low if you are turning high on and vice versa.

dljacko

Reaction score
Chrysler-Jeep Australia has sent out a recall notice to some owners, they take their KJ into the workshop and check the distance between the rear of the tank and the front of the towbar. If it is greater than the minimum specified then it is ok, otherwise they apparently change it for one that meets the gap requirement. It is to minimise a petrol tank collapse in the case of a rear end collision, in which some motor vehicles have been known to burst into flames when the towbar pierces the tank.

profdlp

Counting My Blessings
Staff member
Reaction score
called the dealership to place self into queue... 2 month waiting period.
You might try calling other dealerships. When this first started some dealers were saying it would take months and others were getting people in the next day.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You might try calling other dealerships. When this first started some dealers were saying it would take months and others were getting people in the next day.

I was told 3 months or longer, Raised some crap and magically they had one brought in for me within a couple days lol.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
My Step Dad was told 3 months as well, of course very small dealership down there so I think they only have 2 or 3 techs
I've yet to call or take mine in, last count I have received 9 letters so far:happy175:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Step Dad was told 3 months as well, of course very small dealership down there so I think they only have 2 or 3 techs
I've yet to call or take mine in, last count I have received 9 letters so far:happy175:

Wow I've only gotten 4 letters total. Two each from two different dealerships. The Jeep dealer I bought it from was lost in that big consolidation event years back. One of these days I'll let them see my rear end... :gr_grin:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Wow I've only gotten 4 letters total. Two each from two different dealerships. The Jeep dealer I bought it from was lost in that big consolidation event years back. One of these days I'll let them see my rear end... :gr_grin:

Better than where I bought my Jeep through.....two days after they delivered mine Feds came in and locked the place up. Took 4 months just to get a title. So no going back there :happy175:

ltd02

Comfortably numb
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Better than where I bought my Jeep through.....two days after they delivered mine Feds came in and locked the place up. Took 4 months just to get a title. So no going back there :happy175:

Bet they still made you pay though, huh. :icon_lol:

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Bet they still made you pay though, huh. :icon_lol:

I had already paid in full!:emotions34: We 50% of the total cost
Had to keep going every month for a new 30 day tag until finally the Jeep Dealer that this dealer got mine from finally sent me the title. Huge mess:party52: