Pontiac Hood Louvers

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
im trying to be funny :/ im aware of this

NO LAUGHING!
:happy175:

:happy175:
gave you measurements above now
NOW go find some GTP hood louvers, if you find them for under 30 I'll pay you 50 for all you can get :icon_lol: Last set I bought for mine in 05 I paid 40 for two complete sets with screens etc people want a fortune for them now . I need more for my next KJ

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is there a specific year? that works best for it
remeber now if i can find them for 30 cnd... itd be about 4 bucks american right now....

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed in the pictures you guys have removed the hood liners, Is there any cons to removing it? Mine is dirty and damaged, I also spoke to Rocky Road about the hood louvers and they claim that not enough water can get into the engine bay to cause any problems, Any truth to that or is it as simple and placing them more towards the side of the engine?

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed in the pictures you guys have removed the hood liners, Is there any cons to removing it? Mine is dirty and damaged, I also spoke to Rocky Road about the hood louvers and they claim that not enough water can get into the engine bay to cause any problems, Any truth to that or is it as simple and placing them more towards the side of the engine?

my replacement hood has no liner i have no issues.
but then again i dont have these fancy schmancy ouvers

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score

Rocky Road , please do not ever ask them for anything :icon_lol:
Although they are right hate to admit it

My hoodliner has been out since 2005 with no ill effects

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rocky Road , please do not ever ask them for anything :icon_lol:
Although they are right hate to admit it

My hoodliner has been out since 2005 with no ill effects

Haha I think I will go with those style louvers then, Is there any difference between the Rocky Road ones and the Run Cool ones? They look identical but Run Cool has them for $90 and RR is $155?

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
tomm is there a specific year or years that need to be used?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Haha I think I will go with those style louvers then, Is there any difference between the Rocky Road ones and the Run Cool ones? They look identical but Run Cool has them for $90 and RR is $155?

RRO ones are the same ones as Run Cools
They buy them and jack the prices as claim as their own

Last edited:

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i answered my own question by calling my guy at the wrecker... he said he has 4 gtps between 99 and 05 with the louvers... if you want them i can get them cheap!
he says they are 2 different styles. he wants 100 for the hoe hood so i can proly get the louvers for very cheap. some are springs b2e or something and others arent some nonsense i dont care about

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
so i answered my own question by calling my guy at the wrecker... he said he has 4 gtps between 99 and 05 with the louvers... if you want them i can get them cheap!
he says they are 2 different styles. he wants 100 for the hoe hood so i can proly get the louvers for very cheap. some are springs b2e or something and others arent some nonsense i dont care about

Ones we used were from 1994-1996 Pontiac Grand Prix GTPs
Other cars had some as well in different styles
I have a list somewhere out in the garage, still can't find anything after going from a 3 car to a one car garage

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you guys have a u pick wrecker down there? the guys here have an "all you can carry for 30 bucks" day here every couple of months. i've been known to walk out of there with a vw motor. for 30 bucks.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do you guys have a u pick wrecker down there? the guys here have an "all you can carry for 30 bucks" day here every couple of months. i've been known to walk out of there with a vw motor. for 30 bucks.

Pick N Pull used to have a deal like that where for a certain amount of money you can take everything you can carry in your arms, My dads a big dude and used to load a ton of stuff onto a hood and carry the damn hood out, No wonder they no longer do the deal here lol.

ftaa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pick N Pull used to have a deal like that where for a certain amount of money you can take everything you can carry in your arms, My dads a big dude and used to load a ton of stuff onto a hood and carry the damn hood out, No wonder they no longer do the deal here lol.

ya im 6'2 250 ish lol great damn deal

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
51732[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

I cant remember where I found this photo, but I really like this layout and two tone.
I wonder how this placement would work out as far as water dripping in is concerned?

Attachments

• ConceptHood.jpg
    ConceptHood.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 0

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
51736[/ATTACH]"]
You must be registered for see images attach

I cant remember where I found this photo, but I really like this layout and two tone.
I wonder how this placement would work out as far as water dripping in is concerned?

Well since the Liberator was a CRD it didn't make as much difference as it would of in a gasser.
BUT in a gasser thats right about where the throttle body is so would be cylinders 3 and 4 and maybe back to 5 and 6
basically back 4

Attachments

• ConceptHood.jpg
    ConceptHood.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 0