Please Post Head Unit Pics!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

L

lil black liberty

I'll post a pic of my JVC tomorrow tis beastly to say the least.. and It will do any color you want... TASTE THE RAINBOW :D:p

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not mine but it looks nice:
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

I dig, do you? Only if I didn't live in NYC, i would have..

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
That thing looks like crap. Interior is ok, but those wheels are god-awful. If you're going to put 20s on your junk at least put something on it that doesn't belong on a lifted 80s Caprice

That goes for both sets, btw

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm not digging it....just me though. Cool color combo though.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Come on, stop commenting on dude's jeep, continue posting your H/Us and your comments about the H/U.

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
old model huh. mine has seen 5 dif vehicles of mine. waiting on the Dual in-dash...even though most hate the brand...but you can't beat $300 for an in-dash DVD player:D

I had a dual in dash dvd with a switch instead of hooking it up to the parking brake to enable dvd play (you have to turn it on and off a few times to enable which means setting and releasing the parking brake a few times and leaving it engaged to watch dvds). CD sound quality was great, but radio reception and radio sound quality was less than good on every station with the exception of a few stations that were always clear.
Would I buy one again? Only if they really improve the sound quality on the radio side. Dvds played great with no skips and great sound (you could even have surround sound if you had the speakers and the amps to power them). And the reverse camera was great for hitching up trailers (this head unit was on my old f150 for a few months before I sold it for a base alpine head unit).

hyedipin:
I really like the painted bits on the dash, it really breaks up the monotony of everything being gray.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to walmart to pick up a few things, I saw a Dual there, Bluetooth, HD Radio, USB, iPod, MP3, WMA... and only $145. But remember, anytime you buy from walmart you still need to get bunch of things, probably over $30, like harness adapter, antenna adapter, dash installation set... So I would recommend buying from crutchfield.

And wow, this one has some nice screen:

And this, only $100, 600W.
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8144071

Lastly,
Remember A2DP i mentioned previously? The ability to stream music off your phone (blackberry)? Here you got, $247for a 7" DVD/Touch Screen/Bluetooth:
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=12029443&findingMethod=rr
Brand? NoName.

# 7" Wide Screen Touch Display
# Fully Motorized with angle adjustment
# DVD/DVD-R/Divx/MP3/CD Compatible
# Detachable Front Panel
# USB and SD card inputs on front panel
# GPS Ready ( GPS box sold separately )
# Built-in Bluetooth with onscreen dialing/receiving
# A2DP Technology allows wireless music playback from most bluetooth devices
# AM/FM radio with 30 presets
# 4 channel RCA output
# Subwoofer output
# Includes Fully functional remote
# Includes zpodlink cable which allows you to connect any MP3 player with headphone jack and listen to it through your car speaker

Last edited:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The carpet in it looks too rough for me...:eek:pukey.gifpukey.gifpukey.gifpukey.gif

Yeah, just noticed that.. Guess no one compares to the inside of my kj.. :D

And hyedipin, I would be careful with anything from walmart. More so that no name amps and HU's. Its untelling how many watts that amp actually puts out..

nemss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a dual in dash dvd with a switch instead of hooking it up to the parking brake to enable dvd play (you have to turn it on and off a few times to enable which means setting and releasing the parking brake a few times and leaving it engaged to watch dvds). CD sound quality was great, but radio reception and radio sound quality was less than good on every station with the exception of a few stations that were always clear.
Would I buy one again? Only if they really improve the sound quality on the radio side. Dvds played great with no skips and great sound (you could even have surround sound if you had the speakers and the amps to power them). And the reverse camera was great for hitching up trailers (this head unit was on my old f150 for a few months before I sold it for a base alpine head unit).

hyedipin:
I really like the painted bits on the dash, it really breaks up the monotony of everything being gray.

ya i figured the Duals were just like any other brand (having to be in park to play DVDs).

not trying to hyjack the thread, but while on subject of being in park to play DVDs, is there any way to rig up the stereo (wiring and such) to play regardless without having to have a switch (or look ghettofied for that matter)?

speedracerbubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya i figured the Duals were just like any other brand (having to be in park to play DVDs).

not trying to hyjack the thread, but while on subject of being in park to play DVDs, is there any way to rig up the stereo (wiring and such) to play regardless without having to have a switch (or look ghettofied for that matter)?

i have seen little boxes that basically mimic a switch being turned on and off a few times. I can not remember what they were called.

Just found this for you...
try this

nemss1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have seen little boxes that basically mimic a switch being turned on and off a few times. I can not remember what they were called.

Just found this for you...
try this

Thank you for the link. Going to try this as soon as I get the head unit. Hopefully it works

bmrrwolfe

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sorry the screens got lots of fingerprints, as it is a touchscreen..
Not bad for $120 shipped and its got bluetooth!