PlastX on headlights?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pssbarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of using Meguiars PlastX to remove the haze off of my headlights? Is it safe to use and has anybody had any luck with it?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I think it would be safe to use....Meg's also makes a headlight kit...:)

pssbarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Picked up a bottle of PlastX and a polishing pad and went to work on the headlights and third brake light. Turned out awesome, looks like new again.Anybody with hazy headlights or a faded third brakelight should try it.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you remove the grill to apply it, because it would be pretty tough to get it in those tight spots. I did not notice any kind of haze on my head/fog lights, and by tail lights are new, I only noticed it on my 3rd brake, which I planned to change with LED assy anyway.

Mopar4L1fe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Go for it... my friend used it on his *** car and it worked pretty well.

pssbarry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you remove the grill to apply it, because it would be pretty tough to get it in those tight spots. I did not notice any kind of haze on my head/fog lights, and by tail lights are new, I only noticed it on my 3rd brake, which I planned to change with LED assy anyway.

No I just used painters tape on the trim around the headlight to catch any splatter. No problems reaching the entire cover.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its perfectly ok to use plastx on the head lights, its made for plastic after all. :)

My 3rd brake light is also faded and Ive polished it before. Its faded again so Im going to do it again soon. Need to keep the wax on it or something to keep it from fading again.