Ping noise suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GranpaQB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Jeep is randomly (rarely) making a loud ping noise in the front suspension when turning or going slowly over bumps. It sounds like it's coming from passenger side.

Any ideas?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Some additional information would be nice
such as
what year?
how many miles?
stock suspension ?
just start or has it been doing it quite a while?
ABS?
without the above information I would assume you have 75,000 or more miles on yours and has stock suspension and nothing has been replaced. So very well could be a blown front shock that is allowing the springs to stack and make a noise similar to what you are hearing . But could be many things, will wait for more information

GranpaQB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry Tom

Some additional information would be nice
such as
what year? 2002
how many miles? 65 000
stock suspension ? Yes
just start or has it been doing it quite a while? This winter.
ABS? None
without the above information I would assume you have 75,000 or more miles on yours and has stock suspension and nothing has been replaced. So very well could be a blown front shock that is allowing the springs to stack and make a noise similar to what you are hearing . But could be many things, will wait for more information

My new lift is ready to go just waiting for the snow to melt so if it is the shocks they will soon be replaced. Thanks Tom.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
WOW :mfr_omg:
65,000 on an 02 , that real low mileage for sure
One of the things that makes noise on some is the sway bar bushings, they get dirt, grime in them and make a awful sound but its not a ping sound.
A ping is more spring related sound ( at least to me when some describes it)
Well maybe when the snow finally stops here mid August you can get that lift on!!:emotions122:

GranpaQB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW :mfr_omg:
65,000 on an 02 , that real low mileage for sure
One of the things that makes noise on some is the sway bar bushings, they get dirt, grime in them and make a awful sound but its not a ping sound.
A ping is more spring related sound ( at least to me when some describes it)
Well maybe when the snow finally stops here mid August you can get that lift on!!:emotions122:

Hit milestone today. It's in KM.

Attachments

• 99999.jpg
    99999.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 9