Phx Gtg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So youze guys wanna just set a time and place on Sunday and see what happens? I figure I could throw my skids back on while we're doing everything else. I have a cordless drill and bits if needed. Casey, what all will we need to do to get your superskid installed?

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have to drill some holes in my transfer case they say 1/2" in size then there are some cross members that need some holes but not that big not sure what size but smaller than 1/2". hrm, jack stands would be nice for ease of access under there and preferably a not so super uber hot place to do it.

Well if a miracle happens i will have a house rented out in verado by sunday, if not, We need someone's garrage.... Shawn? =)

-=C

Last edited:

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have to drill some holes in my transfer case they say 1/2" in size then there are some cross members that need some holes but not that big not sure what size but smaller than 1/2". hrm, jack stands would be nice for ease of access under there and preferably a not so super uber hot place to do it.

Well if a miracle happens i will have a house rented out in verado by sunday, if not, We need someone's garrage.... Shawn? =)

-=C

Personally, I'd love to go up to Verrado, its awesome up there. Anyways, I've got church so I can't do anything until after 1:30 or 2:00, but I think my garage is still available.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hehe i know, Im starting to wonder if ill keep her...so far its only annoyed me not totaly screwed me knock on wood. THo i cant think of any 4x4 i would rather have, they all suck on mpg so bad i wouldnt bother. =(

maybe a little used toyota er somthing...

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hehe i know, Im starting to wonder if ill keep her...so far its only annoyed me not totaly screwed me knock on wood. THo i cant think of any 4x4 i would rather have, they all suck on mpg so bad i wouldnt bother. =(

maybe a little used toyota er somthing...

Hummer H3. You know you want one. :D

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
maybe a unimog give up totaly on mpg and go for raw wheelin nevauna

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Isn't the FJ the one with three windshield wipers? And I'd stay off the 17 with a Sami lol. :)
Yeah you're right. I'd still stay away from an H3 just on general dislike of the Hummer hype - on all the runs I've done over the past few years I think I've seen a total of 3 or 4 H3s on trail, and no H2s at all. Heck, I see more Dodge trucks on the trails than H3s...

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've always like Hummers. I have always thought they were more capable offroad (much like the KJ) than the public gave them credit for. Plus, I know o8k raved about them for most of the Roosevelt Lake trip, so that was why I recommended it lol.

However, I do need a final decision. Is this going to happen and where is it? Are we going to get the house in Verrado for this garage day?

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Final lockdown of plans!

Good news everyone, i rented a house, with a little luck they will let me in it this weekend. its off watson rd out in buckeye. Can we say my place say 1:00PM (Shawn show up when u can go to church tho =) Unless somthing bad happens then we go Shawns as a backup?

o8k

Will PM w/ directions to the place

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Seriously man the H3 isnt bad at all, and believe me, this is coming from someone who has plenty bad to say about the h2 (and the hummer hype). Stock tires are 265/75/r16 a 32" tire! Stock 9" ground clearance @ engine skid and rear pumpkin. 11.5" general ground clearance. While i was out on broken arrow w/ it, i had, not one but several people complement me for being there, they say they never see h3's out on the trail at all. It handled the trail flawlessly. My only complaint is the windows are very narrow and visability is way poor compared to the libby. HP and MPG are both better on the H3 vs Libby. H3 stock armor was poor too. And the cost exceeds the libbys purchase price by a considerable amount i believe. but eh hem this is a KJ site i dont wanna start nothin =) I like my CRD way way better,,,, when it works and isnt dead on road somwhere...

o8k

Last edited:

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good news everyone, i rented a house, with a little luck they will let me in it this weekend. its off watson rd out in buckeye. Can we say my place say 1:00PM (Shawn show up when u can go to church tho =) Unless somthing bad happens then we go Shawns as a backup?

o8k

Will PM w/ directions to the place
Alright cool. Don't forget to PM me the directions lol. And that is fine if something happens, I just need to know by Saturday night if that is the case.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never mind, you already sent me directions lol. Sweet! I'm like 12 minutes from there!

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ya i decided against verado on account of the place i found being so cheep. =) so the house is in that area still tho. came w many discount and incentives cuz its owned by the realtor im using to look to buy, cant buy b/c havent sold place in tx yet, renting till tx house sells , this story is geting long and boaring, the good news is theres a garage.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep theres electrical