Phx Gtg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my super skid is in, but my tools are not (still packed) If anyone has some free time at some point over the next while, please holler, would like to get the holes drilled ect and skid installed. desertKJ? interested? wanna work on your skid too? Well if any and/or many of you are insterested in an Afternoon of wrenching, and doin the hank hill "yep yep" gabbing in the driveway of someones place,,, let me know...

o8k

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm..... I'm Jeepless next Saturday for most of the day, but I would appreciate the help in putting my skid on as it is still sitting on the garage shelf. I'm working Monday through Friday 8 to 5, so weekends work better for me.

Oh! And maybe someone could tell me why front suspension is so noisy at the same time! :)

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh! And maybe someone could tell me why front suspension is so noisy at the same time! :)
Wanna maybe narrow it down a bit? Could be any number of things (as I'm sure you know) but more detail would help, or maybe a ride-along for diagnosis :D

Casey, I might be available next Sunday, depending on how things go at work this week. If I am I have a box full of tools I can throw in the Jeep. I'll know more by Wednesday hopefully.

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wanna maybe narrow it down a bit? Could be any number of things (as I'm sure you know) but more detail would help, or maybe a ride-along for diagnosis :D

Casey, I might be available next Sunday, depending on how things go at work this week. If I am I have a box full of tools I can throw in the Jeep. I'll know more by Wednesday hopefully.

Sunday afternoon could work for me as well. My front suspension squeaks at low speeds which you can really tell with the windows down or in parking garages. There are also clunks which come out of the front over bumps. It has never really been the same after uninstalling the Frankenlift and I don't know why.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sunday works for me. ill b there... where's there? =p

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep

yep still in goodyear area. i installed struts in my sentra many years ago and it went thud clunk after that but i could never find any long term dmg from it

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shawn (is that how you spell your name?), sounds like the classic swaybar problems. Have you checked all the connections to make sure they're tight? Mine did that when I put my lift on, took me a month plus to figure out what was causing it...

I should be free Sunday - we were supposed to work today but got canceled (which I didn't find out about until I hit the production floor this afternoon) and we are only scheduled for a half day Tuesday. The way things are going I'll probably be off most of this week. We'll just need to figure out where it's going to happen (I live in an apartment so my place is out).

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shawn (is that how you spell your name?), sounds like the classic swaybar problems. Have you checked all the connections to make sure they're tight? Mine did that when I put my lift on, took me a month plus to figure out what was causing it...

I should be free Sunday - we were supposed to work today but got canceled (which I didn't find out about until I hit the production floor this afternoon) and we are only scheduled for a half day Tuesday. The way things are going I'll probably be off most of this week. We'll just need to figure out where it's going to happen (I live in an apartment so my place is out).

Yeah, that's how you spell it. Honestly, I haven't even tried to work on it as I really don't know what I'm doing. That would be awesome if that was the solution though.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well im in an apt too and ill who knows where by the end of the week. hrm.... wish my house in tx would sell... =(

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, since so far there is only us three for this wrenching party, I guess I may be volunteering my garage then......

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
wish my house in tx would sell... =(
I'd offer to take it off your hands but that would be one heck of a commute :eek: You guys let me know where you decide to do this and I'll pack the three-drawer tool box in the KJ and head over. I need to go to my storage unit and get my tire plug kit to fix a screw hole today, boy wont that be fun in the heat! :rolleyes:

Too bad Pearl won't have her skids by then, we could slap those on as well...

Corwyyn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, Bethany over on LOST just posted that she's looking to put a lift on her KJ, maybe we could do that along with the other projects? She might also be able to provide a place for us to work, but we'll need to see if thats OK with her. You can either post here or over on her thread on LOST.

AZKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After you guys get all the parts put on your Jeep's, do I feel a run coming up??? Sedona and Broken Arrow, or something closer to home like FR 650 maybe??? :D

Last edited:

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im down for runnin a trail tomorrow =) one day off an nothing to do... =)

as far as the wrench party, sure thing ill help w/ the lift if she wants... just need to know where to go...

o8k

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to know where to go also. As far as trail runs, I'm gonna be counting myself out for awhile as I have a long road trip to CA next month that I am going to need all the gas money I can get.

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
chicky over ther may be a wild card, as her kit may not be in by the weekend. May wanna just lock in a plan and let her tag along if she wants....

rkeegstra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all, if a lift is going to go in I'd like to be there to help/observe.

[ed note: im in ur post, fixin ur wordz]

Russ

Last edited:

minimedic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I happen to hit the Lotto by this weekend, I'll be there so you guys can put on the skids and eveything else, too!! :D LOL Just noticed they shorted me on my paycheck this week, so who knows when I'll be able to get them. Unless anyone want to contribute to the "Pearl's KJ fixer-upper fund" (bling)
Happy 4th to every one!! usa.gif

o8k

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill contrubute towards influencing perl to get out on the trail more and be further motivated to upgrade and/or repair her jeep =) hehehe