people are buttholes...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So last night my wife was at Wal*Mart picking up some stuff and someone backed into her KJ and just drove off, Luckily the damage was limited to breaking the grille, L headlight, L parking light and one of the off road lights and knocked off the License plate. I can't image hitting someone's vehicle like that and just driving off. So this morning I replaced all of the broken parts and when it came to the grille of course I don't have a spare Atlantic Blue grille so I had to chose between Salsa Red, Deep Garnet and Cactus Green until I can find an Atlantic blue one somewhere. I chose Cactus Green because I didn't think it looked TOO BAD...

You must be registered for see images attach

my wife saw it and told me I had to put the bra on it to cover it up (which really surprised me as she hates bras on cars)

You must be registered for see images attach

I know most of you hate the bras but luckily for me I like the way they look :D

SabaII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Taking them off is always fun. I really wish people were honest these days but people suck.

chill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got smacked in a parking lot once myself. Wasn't with a Jeep, but with a 82 Buick Skyhawk.... (bored out 4 cyl., but that's another story). Funny thing is it didn't do any damage because the front was made of rubber LOL!

I gotta say the Bras don't look as bad as some might imagine. I too like the white Jeep's bra too.

Tarikleesimsek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's a shame! Same thing happened to me two months ago in front of my house ! I didn't put it into my garage like an a** . I woke up in the morning and I see my jeep almost totaled!!! Grille, hood, right headlight, fog light and the fender was all the way in!!! I still don't know who did it but I am guessing it could be a delivery truck cuz the hit is up high. Can't be another vehicle! Thank god I am fully covered. So I got it repaired. Besides I got my guy paint the whole jeep! He told the insurance it would cost $4500. That's why he painted it all including the gray bumpers!! It feels bad to be hit and run but I am happier with the way it looks now. So I say "it's a good thing I got hit" LOL

Last edited:

Phil + Neela

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any pics of the damage? I like the "After" but we will probably appreciate it more when we see the "before". Sounds like a pretty good hit for a parking lot too... What time of night? Maybe some kids messing around...or a drunk.

What kind of push bar is on there? It looks like it didn't sustain any damage at all.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any pics of the damage? I like the "After" but we will probably appreciate it more when we see the "before". Sounds like a pretty good hit for a parking lot too... What time of night? Maybe some kids messing around...or a drunk.

What kind of push bar is on there? It looks like it didn't sustain any damage at all.

no I didn't think about taking pictures until after i had already put the new grille on (I was just trying to get the truck fixed) the pushbar is just a cheapo ebay special, It doesn't have any noticeable damage but most of the damage happened outside of the guard (left headlight/grille)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tarik, You could have gotten an ARB

Okura_hubby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think you could prime and paint your grill factory blue. Just scuff up the surface a bit then put down some primer to help the paint to stick and hit it with some paint (you can get touchup paint in a rattle can) You could even paint it silver, I know it wouldnt be chrome but..

Also now would have been a good time for HID headlight conversion.

Last edited:

Banditsteve

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bummer about your bump gtommec. Is there no way you can have a word with the supermarket and see if they have any cctv footage seeing as you will know what time it was. Shouldn't take them long to find and maybe get a licence plate number? I don't know if it is the same in the states but it is illegal to leave an accident like that without leaving details etc. If you can find who it was and then let the police get involved and let them pay for your damage and hopefully a fine for the :favorites68: as well? Just a thought. Steve :smokin:

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On another note, Jen isn't into bra's (naughty)...
But likes the one you have on your white Rig!

I gotta say the Bras don't look as bad as some might imagine. I too like the white Jeep's bra too.

The funny thing is that the small hood cover on my white one is actually part of the full bra that is on the blue one but when I put it on with the rest of the bra my wife said that she wanted the T-bra on hers instead, so I stuck the other on on my KJ because the hood was just too white.

I think you could prime and paint your grill factory blue. Just scuff up the surface a bit then put down some primer to help the paint to stick and hit it with some paint (you can get touchup paint in a rattle can) You could even paint it silver, I know it wouldnt be chrome but..

nah not worth it, I will just buy a grille the right color, plus i don't want to ruin my cactus green :happy175:

Bummer about your bump gtommec. Is there no way you can have a word with the supermarket and see if they have any cctv footage seeing as you will know what time it was. Shouldn't take them long to find and maybe get a licence plate number? I don't know if it is the same in the states but it is illegal to leave an accident like that without leaving details etc. If you can find who it was and then let the police get involved and let them pay for your damage and hopefully a fine for the :favorites68: as well? Just a thought. Steve :smokin:

I tried this and the general manager of the store said that the security tapes are not allowed to be used for the general public, they are only used to help the store and law enforcement :pp: