Parts for a 4.10 regear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gear swap
not sure why folks with manuals think they won't gain anything going to lower gears
X2..............

Since they are governed by the same laws of physic's as auto's just instead of heat buildup in the trans your building up heat in the clutch.Yes you will slip the clutch more in a manual with bigger then stock tires,you may not think so but it is fact that it is happening.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X2..............

Since they are governed by the same laws of physic's as auto's just instead of heat buildup in the trans your building up heat in the clutch.Yes you will slip the clutch more in a manual with bigger then stock tires,you may not think so but it is fact that it is happening.

Clutch slipping is negated by using a lower gear for the situation. As it was, I didn't use 1st. Now I do. Low range is more than enough gear for anything lower.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep low range works great on the highway :popcorn:

I wouldn't know.... never used it on the highway :emotions33:

If I towed near the advertised limit, or maybe if I was stuck in city traffic all the time, I might consider a ratio change. Even then, I'd wait till my current differentials were worn out. Now I think its time for this emoticon: :beatdeadhorse5:

:icon_mrgreen:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes beating a dead horse since some are so hard headed or stubborn no matter what facts are placed in front of them they think their way is correct :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:
done

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't know.... never used it on the highway :emotions33:

If I towed near the advertised limit, or maybe if I was stuck in city traffic all the time, I might consider a ratio change. Even then, I'd wait till my current differentials were worn out. Now I think its time for this emoticon: :beatdeadhorse5:

:icon_mrgreen:
I know of at least 2 of you 6 speed guy's that thought the same thing and then they re-geared and changed there tune real fast.I even know 2 CRD guy's that had the same mind set and then they re-geared and also couldn't believe the difference.

KJordan333

Reaction score
I'm definitely sure I want to do a regear for the potential mileage change and just to make it easier on the car. And I'm getting all the parts except a carrier from jeepinbyal (even at slightly more cost), and then I think I'll have to have them put in at SFF customs to try to stay under 1500..... expensive but should pay off

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I know of at least 2 of you 6 speed guy's that thought the same thing and then they re-geared and changed there tune real fast.I even know 2 CRD guy's that had the same mind set and then they re-geared and also couldn't believe the difference.

I know Alex who had the army green painted KJ was a believer after he went to 4.10s

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I know all this info was already listed, but the shop I'm looking at says that they'd put these in the front : High performance Yukon replacement ring & pinion gear set for Dana 30HD in Jeep Liberty, 4.10 ratio. - YG D30HD-410L

It says super 30HD or something. So should I do that or just provide my own front gears and tracklock?

Your shop doesn't have a clue as to what front diff you have from the sounds of it.
THERE is only one manufacturer for the 4.10 gears for a D30a and that is Dana Spicer , the only one. No one else makes them, or has ever made them. They are thinking Cherokee etc . NOT a KJ . In one way can't blame them since there is so much misinformation out there, but then also they should know that the 2002-2007 has a 30a not the 30HD as listed
Are you sure you want them to do the installation :fca5278d:

Wait ???Traclock??

Last edited:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know all this info was already listed, but the shop I'm looking at says that they'd put these in the front : High performance Yukon replacement ring & pinion gear set for Dana 30HD in Jeep Liberty, 4.10 ratio. - YG D30HD-410L

It says super 30HD or something. So should I do that or just provide my own front gears and tracklock?
let them,they will find out fast they will not work.

Dana/Spicer only makes D30A gear sets,just like Tom and I have stated many,many times.Either get them from JBA or the dealership,though you will be waiting a long time to get them from the dealership.

KJordan333

Reaction score
I think I'll just provide all my own gears that I'll buy off jeepinbyal. And does jeepinbyal also sell the truetrack locker for the 8.25?

Latest posts

Members online