Part Time Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thekjwith9lives

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok I was at the beach today doing some fishing. Did some wheeling and put the KJ in 4HI. Double guessed myself and put it into 4LO. Got done wheeling and put it back in 2WD but the Part-Time light was on. So i put it back in 4HI and the Part-Time light went off. So when its in 2WD the Part-Time lights on but its really not in 4WD; and when its in 4WD the lights not on except for 4LO.The 4WD works fine btw. Any ideas what this problem might be?

No pics it didnt happen right??
You must be registered for see images

I even got VIDEO proof:

thekjwith9lives

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that 100% whats wrong with it? Is there no way to keep switching between gears in the T-Case to fix it?

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
It's just a sensor...won't shift it. Heck, you could unplug it and be done with it.

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
theres a sensor and a built in manual indicator ( angle of the handle..) if the handle is pulled up.. youre not in 2x4 ;)

thekjwith9lives

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That seems like a lot of money just to be self satisfied to see a 4wd light when you know for sure when you pull that handle its in 4wd.

KeswickDave

Gold Moderator
KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
What everyone else said... except, I think it may have been TJKJ2002 that once said that the Jeeps computer uses the sensor to determine the position of the transfer case to set some sort of parameters which control something... in other words I don't have a clue.

Mine is flaky too, occasionally I hit a bump and the Part Time light illuminates. It is on the list of little annoyances I plan to fix one day ;)

JeepINgeek

Silver Supporter
Reaction score
What everyone else said... except, I think it may have been TJKJ2002 that once said that the Jeeps computer uses the sensor to determine the position of the transfer case to set some sort of parameters which control something... in other words I don't have a clue.

oh? hopefully he will chime in.