Full Time light after transfer case swap.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vlad588

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m installing NP242 transfer case in my 03 Liberty and i want to get the full time light to work on the dash. Does anyone know what needs to be done for that to work. Thanks.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did your swap too and didnt realize they was a fulltime light until I drove a factory one years later.

I wondered if the lamp is simply missing from the dash cluster. I havent checked yet.

vlad588

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From what I understand the lamp is missing on the dash, but I’m wondering if there needs to be modifications done to the wiring

CRD-Joe

Reaction score
I had the issue in my jeep it wasn't showing it either after I enabled the transmission in my scanner as being something like 4wd unit. You get 2 different selections and I wish I could remember them exactly, but unfortunately I can't. Needless to say I enabled the one that made sense for my Libby and the full time light stop working, after I picked the other option, the original one the full time light started working again. Sorry I can't remember the selections, but I do remember it disabled the light on mine.

vlad588

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the issue in my jeep it wasn't showing it either after I enabled the transmission in my scanner as being something like 4wd unit. You get 2 different selections and I wish I could remember them exactly, but unfortunately I can't. Needless to say I enabled the one that made sense for my Libby and the full time light stop working, after I picked the other option, the original one the full time light started working again. Sorry I can't remember the selections, but I do remember it disabled the light on mine.
what kind of scanner tool were you using?