painted emblems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shibby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i started painting my emblems today so far i got the 4x4 started just needs clearcoat

You must be registered for see images attach

badkittystt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks pretty sweet! This may be a really stupid question but I'm afraid to experiment and find out by myself. But how do you get those on and off? I've always thought it would be fun to paint, update, replace, whatever, but I am terrified to start prying. I also have no idea what I would even do...

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Never done it myself ... but I hear some dental floss pulled back and forth gently btwn the glue and the paint surface does the trick. Nice paint job! Got me thinking about doing mine in black chrome.

Oh ... and 3m double sided tape will get them back on after your done playing BadKitty :D

shibby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Never done it myself ... but I hear some dental floss pulled back and forth gently btwn the glue and the paint surface does the trick. Nice paint job! Got me thinking about doing mine in black chrome.

Oh ... and 3m double sided tape will get them back on after your done playing BadKitty :D

this is correct or fishing line also its good to take a hair dryer or heat gun and heat them up first just take your time.if it warms up i will have pics of them back on in a day or two

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
why orange?

shibby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well warmed up enough i got the 4x4 emblem back on here is a pic still got two left to do

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
well warmed up enough i got the 4x4 emblem back on here is a pic still got two left to do

That looks really good! Keep the pics coming .. What's next? (after the emblems)

You can try to stop ... but it won't help ... lol3.gif

shibby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That looks really good! Keep the pics coming .. What's next? (after the emblems)

You can try to stop ... but it won't help ... lol3.gif

there will be plenty i need to get back to work first though ive been laid off since october so the big things can wait

Chris_22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i really want to black out my emblems now, or remove them all together. are there holes underneath them?

shibby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got the rest of them painted and cleared should have the other pics of them installed by tomorrow or tonight if the clear drys in time