painted emblems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Luke

Interloper
Reaction score
Very nice! Love the colour, excellent paint job!

But ... did you check your "ee's" though ... it may be the camera angle but they look a tad askew??

no offence ... it's just my **** nature

Last edited:

Jake.Ski

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh ... and 3m double sided tape will get them back on after your done playing BadKitty :D

is that strong enough and weather resistant? Ive never used it before but i really want to try, and did you mark where before removing them? or will it leave a spot lol

And what prep work did you do to them, maybe a light sanding? Also what paint

Clyde Frog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is that strong enough and weather resistant? Ive never used it before but i really want to try, and did you mark where before removing them? or will it leave a spot lol

And what prep work did you do to them, maybe a light sanding? Also what paint

The 3M double sided tape has held my plastic tail light guards on for a year now and it's held up pretty well. Snow & salt, 90 degree weather, a tornado, hail, and a few car washes (both touchfree and regular).

Just make sure you get the one that's rated for heavy duty because they have a couple different types. I think it's was about $5 a roll at cvs.

VeitzJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have just put painters tape over the area and use an Exacto knife to cut the letter out. It would require carful taping and cutting, but most paint jobs do, and then you wouldn't have to take the letters off and worry about putting them back in the proper spot.

Looks great though!

ChiefRudy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would have just put painters tape over the area and use an Exacto knife to cut the letter out. It would require carful taping and cutting, but most paint jobs do, and then you wouldn't have to take the letters off and worry about putting them back in the proper spot.

Looks great though!

I would take the same plan of attack to paint the badges. I've been thinking of repainting the badging on my Wife's KJ for while. The Chrome is long gone on them. Since her KJ is silver I was gonna paint them black but I can decide if I want a glossy or flat black.

VeitzJeep

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would take the same plan of attack to paint the badges. I've been thinking of repainting the badging on my Wife's KJ for while. The Chrome is long gone on them. Since her KJ is silver I was gonna paint them black but I can decide if I want a glossy or flat black.

I think a glossy black would go better if you have a silver KJ.