overheating

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigRich201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Jeep has been driving fine all day. But as I got like a block away from home it started overhheating. As I was parking the temp gauge shot into the red. I popped the hood and all I saw was smoke and the coolant in the overflow tank bubbling. I looked around the radiator and hoses and didn't find a leak anywhere.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something like this happened to me ( well to a friend ), I referred to this story few day ago about my friend losing his car to a sucmbag mechanic...It was a piston head or a cylinder I don't remember. We stooped at a tourist information area and looked under the hood, there was some smoke and the prestone was boiling. I would tow it right away to your trusted mechanic and nothing else. Heat problem are not to kid with IMO.

BigRich201

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Something like this happened to me ( well to a friend ), I referred to this story few day ago about my friend losing his car to a sucmbag mechanic...It was a piston head or a cylinder I don't remember. We stooped at a tourist information area and looked under the hood, there was some smoke and the prestone was boiling. I would tow it right away to your trusted mechanic and nothing else. Heat problem are not to kid with IMO.
The engine wasn't making any unusual noise other than the coolant boiling in the overflow tank. My parents got the day off and they just took it to the mechanic. I'm just hoping its nothing serious.