OTIS on 2005

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

acbafam

Reaction score
I want to know will any OTIS work on an 05 or is it the same as the EVIC as far as must be 2004 or newer?

stackthepads30

Full Access Member
Reaction score
from what I have read, in 04 the bcm changed the way the temp is read, so I would assume that you would need an 04 or newer otis or evic to get the temperature, otherwise the other functions should work ok. I confirmed this myself because I had an otis from an 02 liberty and the temp didn't work, but got a working temp from an otis from an 04 ram truck.

BluPhant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Andy-

If you do end up adding one, post your experience here, it would be good to get some input for the 05s.

:)

-Blu

palla

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am also looking at installing an EVIC into my 05 CRD. I have seen some on eBay over in the states but none down under. Most of the ones on eBay will not ship to Australia. Any guys on the forum interested in forwarding some mail for me?

This first question is will they work in the 05? Mine has no EVIC loom behind the light so I will need to run one in.

Palla