Ordering lift parts in roughly 2 weeks or less, parts list doublecheck please?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
From JBA:

OME 927 front springs
OME 948 rear springs
Teraflex bumps stops (2)
JBA strut spacer plate set
KJ rear upper coil spring isolators (2)

From Shockwarehouse:

Bilstein 24-139168 front shocks (2)

From 1A Auto:

Front shock mount kit (includes both sides, upper mounting plates, nuts, washers and one spring iso per side).

From RockAuto:

Rear shocks- Monroe 58649 Load adjusting coil assist shocks (pair)

I'll do the rear hockey pucks on my own.. probably disconnect rear sway bar at the same time and replace the rear upper control arm (boomerang) with a Mopar unit.

-With the top plate in front, one extra iso in back, no clevis (except for leveling/adjusting as needed), will this give me a level front-back, no rake? I'm figuring on about 3.0" total lift.

-I know, no JBA upper control arms on this list... they're coming... for reasons, they have to sit out on this first stage. May add the JBA rear Y-link extension if needed to adjust pinion angles later as well.

-I'm thinking the Monroe rears as I do often haul heavy rear loads and trailers with hefty tongue weights, and through discussions and reading hundreds of past posts, it seems many eventually go with these anyhow... might make it stiff in the rear, but.. at least it can handle the loads.

Does this list look correct and complete to get the basic lift done? I've only been putting this off for like 2 or 3 years now; the coils in my front springs are sagged so badly, I have about 1/4" of space before spring travel causes them to bind and coils touch. It's bad.

Thanks!

duderz7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about your rear shock choice, maybe consider airbags for when the extra load is needed. If you're replacing the boomerang as it is have a look at the jba bolt on try link kit.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know about your rear shock choice, maybe consider airbags for when the extra load is needed. If you're replacing the boomerang as it is have a look at the jba bolt on try link kit.

JBA tri-link out of the budget, if I had the extra for that, I'd get the front control arms instead. I'm getting a ridiculous price on a NOS Mopar boomerang that's been sitting packed in grease on a parts shelf for basically forever. Only reason why I'm not cheaping out on a sketchy quality aftermarket one.

Otherwise, I'd be more inclined to just leave the worn out one in there. lol.

Rear airbags are good, had them in other vehicles, don't feel the expense of those is warranted for the few times a year I load up the rear.

Perhaps just standard rear shocks would be just fine in this case..... hmm something to think about.

u2slow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
JBA tri-link out of the budget, if I had the extra for that, I'd get the front control arms instead. I'm getting a ridiculous price on a NOS Mopar boomerang that's been sitting packed in grease on a parts shelf for basically forever. Only reason why I'm not cheaping out on a sketchy quality aftermarket one.

Without the tri-link extension, your upper arm will basically be in a bind position and the bushings will tear. Mine lasted about a month; then I redid the bushings again and added the extension. Been fine ever since.

The pinion angle aspect is secondary. It doesn't really help a stock driveshaft, but will put you in good shape for a custom double-cardan style later.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good , yes on the 3 inches

Thanks Tom, I value the affirmation.

Without the tri-link extension, your upper arm will basically be in a bind position and the bushings will tear. Mine lasted about a month; then I redid the bushings again and added the extension. Been fine ever since.

The pinion angle aspect is secondary. It doesn't really help a stock driveshaft, but will put you in good shape for a custom double-cardan style later.

A good point. I should just order and install the extension bracket anyhow- it's relatively cheap and does not take long to install.

Thanks for the input!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
PM me your address , I'll send ya a little surprise that will help out on the rear :gr_grin:

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the exact same parts as you (except the rear shocks) in my wifes 02. It sits level and measures 21.5'' at all four corners. Ride is so much better with the fresh suspension.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed the exact same parts as you (except the rear shocks) in my wifes 02. It sits level and measures 21.5'' at all four corners. Ride is so much better with the fresh suspension.

Nice, glad to hear a positive experience. What rear shocks did you go with, OME 132L, Bilstein, other?

I'll take 21.5"... sitting around 17.5-18.0 now, front left is the lowest. I feel like I'm driving a freaking Jeep Patriot. It's embarrassing to pull up next to literally any other vehicle.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put Bilstein 24-185240 4600 series shocks on the rear and it was too bouncy. I had to put the old rear shocks back on for now. I am going to get some new ones, I just don't know which ones to get. I have found about five different Bilstein part numbers on this forum that have been used.

Last edited:

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put Bilstein 24-185240 4600 series shocks on the rear and it was too bouncy. I had to put the old rear shocks back on for now. I am going to get some new ones, I just don't know which ones to get. I have found about five different Bilstein part numbers on this forum that have been used.

Oh that's right.. I remember your other thread/comments on that now. Hard to keep all these KJ's straight.. especially when just about everyone has the same suspension setup.

Still not sure why those 24-185240's were bouncy for you.. doesn't make sense unless they were defective in their valving or something. You could always try the spring assisted Monroe's for $90 or so... no way those will be bouncy. lol.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Oh my
I would of traded them in and tried another set, NEVER had an issue but.............

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aaaaannnd. Done. Parts ordered.

$913.45 later.. only additional expense should be some nuts and bolts for rear bump stops, front shock assembly and an alignment when done. Figure another $100 to go into it.

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Parts all arrived, all look great!

Except.. I did forget to order new front spring iso's so that I can install the new coilover assemblies independent of the old ones.. damn.

Those rear coil assist shocks might be a pain to install if the axle doesn't drop far enough.. they are STIFF! There's no compressing those babies by hand.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Parts all arrived, all look great!

Except.. I did forget to order new front spring iso's so that I can install the new coilover assemblies independent of the old ones.. damn.

Those rear coil assist shocks might be a pain to install if the axle doesn't drop far enough.. they are STIFF! There's no compressing those babies by hand.

How long are those shocks?

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How long are those shocks?

Center of mounting hole to center of mounting hole, 24.5"

I think if I disconnect the upper control arm, it should drop plenty enough with the stock shocks removed. Then jack up the pinion/diff to get that angled correctly, Mount my y-link extension bracket and be good to go.

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Center of mounting hole to center of mounting hole, 24.5"

I think if I disconnect the upper control arm, it should drop plenty enough with the stock shocks removed. Then jack up the pinion/diff to get that angled correctly, Mount my y-link extension bracket and be good to go.

Thank you, I assumed they would be 24''.
When do you plan to install everything?

JasonJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you, I assumed they would be 24''.
When do you plan to install everything?

Oh I dunno.... Probably when it stops being -35 outside. Lol.

I need to order two more front spring seats and have the front shocks assembled...

So realistically, probably early to mid March. My garage is set up as a storage and work space for non-automotive... And Feb is going to be freezing.