Ordered '05 Renegade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks good!

Here was my deal:

$27,175 sticker)
$24,585 employee price (from my uncle)
($2,500) Incentives
($5,500) Trade-in
------------
$16,585 (+tax, etc.)

schnitzelpuss

Reaction score
cool...i had no trade in but got it for 25,700 out the door with $0 down... sticker was $28,324

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jjo said:
Looks good!

Here was my deal:

$27,175 sticker)
$24,585 employee price (from my uncle)
($2,500) Incentives
($5,500) Trade-in
------------
$16,585 (+tax, etc.)

An outstanding deal IMO, congrats \:D/

squid729

Full Access Member
Reaction score
according to our dealer you can have a dup key made at any key center *BUT* you can only use it on doors, not in ignition. that huge key fob has the integral anti-theft chip in it. if you (or anyone else) uses any other key in the ignition the engine will cut out and you'll have to get the thing tow'ed to your local jeep dealer for service before you can drive it again...

-=JoN=-

Reaction score
squid729 said:
according to our dealer you can have a dup key made at any key center *BUT* you can only use it on doors, not in ignition. that huge key fob has the integral anti-theft chip in it. if you (or anyone else) uses any other key in the ignition the engine will cut out and you'll have to get the thing tow'ed to your local jeep dealer for service before you can drive it again...

doesnt that only apply if you have the sentry key system?. (grey keys on the non integrated FOB/Keys)

yoda13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SiLveRLiB2k2 said:
squid729 said:

doesnt that only apply if you have the sentry key system?. (grey keys on the non integrated FOB/Keys)

That is what I thought as well... :-k

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, thanks for the heads-up on the key thing.

(I don't like it, but I'm stuck with it.)

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm heading to my dealer on Wednesday of next week to get all the paperwork started to order my Renny. I'm so excited it's awful, I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas....lol. I've decided on an 05 KJ Renny, Black, D package, 6-speed manual, Sunroof, and Sirius. If anyone has any advice or comments on the whole ordering process, I'd appreciate it. Thanks!

jjo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are you getting it custom made, or are picking one off the lot?

I had to go custom as what I wanted wasn't to be found within 600 miles of Pittsburgh.

The 4-week wait was horrible.

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm getting one custom from the factory, I believe. I had the dealer do a search, and mine can't be found within 300 miles of here I'm told. The 6-speed is rather rare in New England I'm finding, especially with the 3.7L V6. There's a few totally stripped A package Sports with the manual around here (and I'm not making any kind of dig at Sport owners!), but I guess I'm just too much of a princess for that....lol. I think the dealers around here mainly stock those for commercial buyers.

flyingpylon

Reaction score
Here's a tip: make sure they order what you think they're ordering. Then after they place the official order, ask them to fax you the invoice or whatever. Check it a million times and make sure it's what you asked for and are expecting.

4Factor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
flyingpylon said:
Here's a tip: make sure they order what you think they're ordering. Then after they place the official order, ask them to fax you the invoice or whatever. Check it a million times and make sure it's what you asked for and are expecting.

This info is gold!

As much as they assure you that they could not ever make a mistake, get a copy of the exact invoice. Not just the dealership's scrawlings on a piece of paper... the actual build invoice that the factory has received! This will assure you that the vehicle being built by the factory is exactly what you wanted. Nothing like getting the vehicle and the dealer saying... Oh I guess they missed that 3.7L engine... I guess you'll have to make due with the 2.4L

CHUD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Re: Early impressions ...

jjo said:
So far, the only thing I wish was different was the key. I guess this year they started with a key/fob integrated design. That just results in a big, bulky key.

Anyone know if I can just get a regular key made at the dealer (minus the fob)?

Another way for dealers to rack up more $$$$.
You must be registered for see images attach

With the old key system (above) as long as you had the two originals, you can program a third key yourself to use on a daily basis. If you ever lose the third key, buy another one on ebay for $15 and program it using the 2 originals. Not sure that there is any way to program these new-fangled fob/key combos at home. You know it costs tons to program at the dealer.

EDIT: BTW here is a link with instructions on how to program Sentry Keys AT HOME. http://www.wjjeeps.com/sentry.htm

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Flaren, what part of MA are you from? My Mother also had to order her 2004 to get a stick in the Renegade, she insisted. I also had her get the limited slip rear and the ABS, don't know if that is standard now. Hope you are not getting it through Haddad Motors in Lenox MA because their service is awful. I recently had a run in with them over a siezed rear caliper in my Mother's Liberty that they didn't notice for several visits. Safety issues should not slip by like that. Do yourself a favor and stay away from Haddad Motors.

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. I'm in eastern MA, about an hour south of Boston. I'm ordering mine through Randolph Chrysler Jeep. My BF and his fmaily have had about 4 purchases total form them and they love the dealership. Great sales staff, no pressure, actually very knowledgeable and helpful, plus they're very satisfied with the service they receive there. I went to school at Westfield State, so I do have a bit of western MA in me, too. Kinda miss it out there sometimes. 8-[

zerowick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife went there too, 1989 grad, maybe you guys know each other. Send me an e-mail if you were there those years. Glad you are happy with your dealer, nice to have a good working relationship when large sums of money are involved. Enjoy your new ride.

Flaren

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was 7 in 1989...lol. Graduated just this past May, class of 04, so I'm just a young'un. But great area, and I loved the school. Gotta love "Stanley Beach" in the spring. =)

SRotblat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
1 hour south of Boston would put you in the Fall River area no? I grew up in Bristol, RI, haha I say that like I'm so old...I'm 23.