Oops

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Would there still be damage if that happened in a steel diff? I'm guessing it would just move on to the next weakest link. Just curious. I agree that a DTT or other locker is the best idea.

Remember those diff collars people were running? I thought those were just a paperweight.

I'm still running them, of course all they do really is sort of keep everything together after you do bust it

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would there still be damage if that happened in a steel diff? I'm guessing it would just move on to the next weakest link. Just curious. I agree that a DTT or other locker is the best idea.

Remember those diff collars people were running? I thought those were just a paperweight.

In the steel diff you will blow the pinion,ring gear,or spider gears.If you explode one of those things it can still make the diff case worthless if enough damage was done.

When I built my Ford HPD44 for my SFA swap I built in a cheap and easy to to fix weak link,the manual locking hubs.I carry spares as they are small and the "known to be weak" WARN premium lockouts have a lifetime warranty also.

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What size are the bolts for the dif mount that are the wrong way behind the lower front control arms?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
What size are the bolts for the dif mount that are the wrong way behind the lower front control arms?

Can't remember now
I bought like 20 some last time to have them in stock
have to go check later
3/8s, 7/16s OR ??
Just look under they're right there easy to see with skids off

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just popped out the one cam bolt and was able to slide it out. Jeeps fixed :)

Myke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guy with 4.10s flaked. Picked up the front diff for $150 from the guy I got my rear from a couple months ago.

Luckily now have access to a lift whenever I need it.
You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Members online