Online Listed new part warning for 42RLE Transmission Shift Solenoid Block they are sending you a used part.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joewild

Reaction score
I just wanted to share some major problems that I have been having trying to purchase a brand new 42RLE Transmission Shift Solenoid Block online. I recently bought 4 different 42RLE Transmission solenoid block kits for my wife's 2006 Liberty. The problem that I encountered the seller would list the part as new or brand new and would send me a used solenoid block. This has happened with three sellers of this part from eBay and one seller from Amazon. I finally realized that it wasn't just the seller who was deceiving me it was the seller’s supplier of the part. I found this out when returning the part, on eBay they all had the same return address for the part for each of the sellers. This was how I figured out it was their supplier and not just the seller. Needless to say from all the head aches of having to return the parts, I was hoping I could save somebody the trouble when they might be thinking of purchasing this solenoid block from Ebay or amazon. This message is for all the DIY out there this solenoid block is not new it is not remanufactured it is used and don't let them try to tell you any different. See sample pictures that I included. What to look for when buying, corroded pins on the connector, gasket marks on the bottom of the solenoid block, markings on the seal, and just plain dirty. These guys don't even bother to clean these up. You would not even see this if it was truly a remanufactured solenoid block. A remanufactured part would have a new seal and connector with shiny pins, so it is a used part. All four parts that I returned looked pretty much just like the pictures that I included. If I save just one person the headaches that I went through then this post would be worth the time that I spend posting it.
Thanks,
JoeWild

Attachments

• corroded pins.JPG
    corroded pins.JPG
    175 KB · Views: 14
  • Outline of gasket marks.JPG
    Outline of gasket marks.JPG
    224.4 KB · Views: 14
  • seal with markings.jpg
    seal with markings.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 15

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
So there were no pictures of what you were buying ?
Terrible, but sounds like maybe only one supplier

Joewild

Reaction score
To tommudd, Yes there where pictures posted on their eBay site and on amazon site of brand new solenoid blocks. But what was on their site was not what I received. The pictures that I posted is what I received.
To 69Bahama Yellow, I have return address of suppliers for two on eBay. 13725 Pipeline ave, Chino CA 91710. and the other one was 1100 Cranbury South River Rd. Monroe Township NJ 08831. I believe these are from the same supplier just different warehouses.
Amazon was a little more secretive about their return. I had to print a code and take the part to a UPS store and have them make a label. all I know it was sent back to Las Vegas NV.
If you look on the eBay site of the part you are about to buy, down by and below shipping they it will say located in Chino CA USA. That is how you can tell where it is coming from. There are lots of sellers of this part on eBay that get there parts from this supplier.
After receiving the second used solenoid block I started asking the sellers before I purchased if their solenoid block was brand new and they assured me they were. By my third used solenoid that I received I realized that it was the same supplier that was sending the used solenoid block part. So I tried amazon and fell in to the same trap. Also I can't say enough about documenting everything. I had one seller that I asked before hand if their product was brand new and they revise their site after I raised a ruckus with them. They revised it from new to remanufactured. and deleted the used part pictures that I had sent to them. So it is best to take screen shots that states that the product is new. EBay does have a Money back guaranty but I had to ask this seller 4 times for a refund and told them if it didn't happen that I would go through my credit card company and disputed the charges through them. Sellers will lose more money if you go through your credit card company so most will avoid doing that. Also I have learn in the past that eBay isn't much help with disputes but that's were good documentation comes in proving your case if needed and a picture is worth a 1000 words.

Duster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your struggles. It will for sure help people try to avoid this situation.

Stuff is hard enough as it is because you already have to wait around on parts, only to get parts and realize they are just used parts.

JibeHo22

Reaction score
Good info - thanks for the heads up.
Just curious, what symptoms did your Jeep have that lead you to replacing the Transmission solenoid block?

Latest posts

Members online