One option you wish you had...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

paullgj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Skids/tow hooks

Bought my KJ new in 2007 - Sport 4wd manual shift. Skids and tow hooks should be standard equipment on a 4wd vehicle. Now I have to track down the parts and install them. As is, I only do light 4-wheeling; I'll have to wait for the skids/hooks for the rough stuff.

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
I'm glad that he shared what he had heard, and also stated that it wasn't something that he found out firsthand. By telling us that it was a friend of a friend, we can take from it what we want. Not sure why people jump down eachothers throats like that around here sometimes...

that isn't jumping down a throat. If you think it is, you should probably get out more.

Misinformation, especially stuff that you insist is true (read the whole post) is a pain in the tookus and just leads to distraction. And if a poster has posted that they often post "stuff" just to "stir the pot" that is also a consideration.

2.5 seconds in front of google before posting B.S. would prevent posting B.S. The lack of such an effort by someone who says they are 'net savvy indicates a strong possibility that the post was a pot-stirrer to begin with.

I agree that tow hooks and skids should have been standard. I think they were not for a variety of reasons: lower sticker price and a bone to the dealers who could sell them seperately and collect sales/install $$$ on them.

Last edited:

SurfGuitar141

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's the internet my man, and the internet is chock full of misinformation. It is also easy to be mislead by someone you normally trust.

I'll give you one of my own "case in point" circumstances.....

I'm a professional fire fighter / EMT for an island resort town in south jersey. We get 85% to 90% of our visiting tourists from Pennsylvania every summer, and even during the off season as many of the homes and duplexs are owned by Pennsylvanian residence.
I get called out to a 2 vehicle accident, elderly lady runs a stop sign and gets broadsided by a landscaper's truck.
The lady tells me she stopped first before the truck reached the intersection, then went assuming it was a 4 way stop, and the truck would also stop.
I explained to her that it was not a 4 way stop intersection, if it was it would have a sign under the stop sign indicating that it was.
She told me and I quote...."I'm from Pennsylvania, and in our state all stop signed intersections are all 4-way".....
2 days later I posted on an internet forum about Pennsylvanian drivers thinking that all intersections with a stop sign are all 4 way, and I got crushed by people calling me an idiot, a liar, a moron, that I should shut up and go away, and just about every other flame they could throw at me.
I was misinformed by a person who I believed had no reason to lie about the subject, and got my **** handed to me on an internet forum because I repeated what she told me....

Don't go so ******* GeekyJeep, it could very well be that he was misinformed by a person he has no reason to believe would lie to him. We're all human here, we all make mistakes, and there's far more polite ways to counter a point of contention without throwing out the Bullsh*t flag on a guy.....

flair1111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
why is "stiring the pot" a bad thing? when you cook stuff, if you dont stir, it will burn or cook unevenly. that saying ****** me off.

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
Have you followed his claims that he knows little to nothing about jeeps and likes to throw stuff out just to stir the pot?

Either way, the common sense test is simply that if it sounds like BS it probably is. If you have never seen anything else about something as significant as a factory V8 Liberty sold to the public anywhere else, does that pass the test as something you should pass off as the truth w/o verification? If the info is close to plausable, maybe you give them a pass....If it is so far into left field like this... well.... see paragraph 1.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
GJ wasn't lying, just had some "questionable" info. Nothing more.

SMETNA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that isn't jumping down a throat. If you think it is, you should probably get out more.

You're a rude, disrespectful hothead.

No one asked you to 'police' this forum for people who you think are full of BS. Remove head from ass please.(welcome)

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
THis was a factory option but it wasnt available for US sale..

4.7l V8 + oversized brake package...

this was a package sold to other countries.. it also included incredibly ( probably ome) heavy duty springs.

This was presented as fact, not "some friend told me" stuff ( at least originally.) Claiming a fact with no basis for it being a fact after talking about having zero jeep knowledge and being a pot stirrer...

To claim to know GJ's intentions seems a bit much? Are there lie detectors on the keyboards now? What if he posted that it was safe to disconnect your master cyl. because some friend who works for some contractor said they do that for export jeeps? Would you call him on that?

GJ has NO helpful jeep tech posts or advice for a reason that he told me himself: he doesn't know it. So, based on my knowledge, I see this bombshell that would mean that FACTORY 4.7L Liberty swap parts are available but when i look to the source of the info, info that is heretofore unknown, the most logical conclusion is not that GJ gained some magical insight into the previously hidden facts of the Jeep company, but that he is making it up. Or that he is too stupid to see for himelf the improbability of this being the truth. As he cliams to be gainfully employed and is smart enough to copy a latin saying from a half-azzed radio show onto his sig line, I do not for a minute believe that he is in fact stupid. So that leaves, as the most logical explanantion, that he knew, or should have known, that it is BS. That it is in fact BS is painfully obvious, so the interpretation of his intent lies soley on the credit that the reader gives GJ for his intelligence or lackthereof. I gave him the benefit of the doubt on the intelligence question. If you choose not to....

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To end the fighting................

No production V8 KJ's ever made/sold anywhere,that was from the Liberty product manager that we wheeled with a few years ago when they where showing off the KK.They did have some prototypes with the 4.7 but like already stated the engine would enter the cabin in a hard head-on crash so it was scraped and the 3.7 V6 was born.

Oh and those "south africa" D44's for the rear of the KJ is a myth also.The only 2 rear diffs ever put in a production KJ was a D35 and the 8.25.The 3 pre-production KJ's that did the Rubicon trail had the D44's in the rear and that was it.I know where all 3 of those D44's are also,sadly one in under a XJ,the 2nd is under JJ's SFA,and the last one is under a CRD.

incommando

Banned
Reaction score
I wish mine had would have come with a clutch.

the 6-speed gives you a much better crawl ratio and better fuel mileage, to boot. When you consider the 6spd got you a t-case that, for the most common fail item, is 50% stronger that clutch option is indeed a dandy.

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
This was presented as fact, not "some friend told me" stuff ( at least originally.) Claiming a fact with no basis for it being a fact after talking about having zero jeep knowledge and being a pot stirrer...

To claim to know GJ's intentions seems a bit much? Are there lie detectors on the keyboards now? What if he posted that it was safe to disconnect your master cyl. because some friend who works for some contractor said they do that for export jeeps? Would you call him on that?

GJ has NO helpful jeep tech posts or advice for a reason that he told me himself: he doesn't know it. So, based on my knowledge, I see this bombshell that would mean that FACTORY 4.7L Liberty swap parts are available but when i look to the source of the info, info that is heretofore unknown, the most logical conclusion is not that GJ gained some magical insight into the previously hidden facts of the Jeep company, but that he is making it up. Or that he is too stupid to see for himelf the improbability of this being the truth. As he cliams to be gainfully employed and is smart enough to copy a latin saying from a half-azzed radio show onto his sig line, I do not for a minute believe that he is in fact stupid. So that leaves, as the most logical explanantion, that he knew, or should have known, that it is BS. That it is in fact BS is painfully obvious, so the interpretation of his intent lies soley on the credit that the reader gives GJ for his intelligence or lackthereof. I gave him the benefit of the doubt on the intelligence question. If you choose not to....
Simmer, he just had a wrong fact, easy as that.

JeepOwner07

Full Access Member
Reaction score
um, if he is indeed trying to "stir the pot" then aren't you feeding into that by your responses, and comments LOL IF someone is blatently trying to stir a pot, then ignoring them and or thier comments will end the actions in the future. LOL

Not saying he is or is isn't...I know nothing about the mechanics of vehicles, as far as i know a V8 is a drink made from blended vegetables! HEHEHEHEHEHE