One more ID for you guys

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yippee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello again,

(Sorry, I don't mean to be hogging the forum lately)

I was digging around tonight looking for any more signs of leaks or anything that might be leading to my oil leak issue (in another thread). I stumbled across something on the back of the motor. It's probably nothing, and it's probably supposed to be there, and it's probably doing what it's supposed to - but I just wanted to make sure.

This is on the back top side of the motor. Behind the tube for the oil dipstick. Between the motor and the fire wall. It has a clip and is clipped into a metal bracket. It just seems like it should be doing more, or it's out of place or something.. Also, there was the braided ground cable that runs across behind there (I guess that's where it's supposed to be unless it has come loose from somewhere), that looks like it may have been laying up against this deal and rubbed a hole in the braided cable. I guess I need to look into replacing the ground.

Anyways, here's the pics of what I was looking at:

(Sorry for the pictures, I was trying to hold myself laying across the engine bay, while holding the mystery item from hiding behind the dipstick tube, while balancing the camera, and taking a picture all at once. You know how it goes.)

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm sure this isn't much of concern, but it just seemed like odd placement or like something was missing or something. Plus the ground strap didn't ease my concern. You can kind of see in the pictures the ground cable, if you want to confirm if this is the normal location. Also, in the second picture, to the left side of the dipstick, you can kind of see where the cable has been worn through.

Thanks for putting up with me and helping out.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.