One more CB radio idea!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JLRockies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You've changed the dynamic of how that knee bolster is going to work in a front-end collision but things like that are only important when you knee shatters.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You've changed the dynamic of how that knee bolster is going to work in a front-end collision but things like that are only important when you knee shatters.

I had the same thought;)

Mines mounted under the drivers seat, out of sight, out of mind, works great with a remote speaker, all hidden, no cutting

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I've toyed around with where to mount my CB Radio...
Up above the rear view mirror, right side of the centre console, to the right of the steering wheel, in the knee bolster...
Well, I'm going to purchase a Midland 75-822 CB Radio and mount t on my "Incar" Cell phone mount to the right of my Factory stereo and then mount my "Christmas present" Yaesu FT-7900R 2 Meter / 70 cm Dual Band FM Transceiver (YSK-7800 Remote Mounting Kit) above the rear view mirror!

Last edited:

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
http://www.kb0nly.net/mobile.html

Some updated pictures of my installed radio gear... I now have two dual band radios and two antennas in the KJ. Still need to do a little tidying up of the wiring as seen in a couple of the pictures but the weather has been such that i haven't wanted to spend any time outside on it.

NewJeepOwner

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a Cobra 148GTL (big radio) which I had peaked / tuned for max performance ..I mounted it on the passenger side of the center shift console with the radio facing upwards - The mount I purchased from http://www.arizonarockyroad.com/antennamounts.html

The rig works fine and does not interfere with passenger leg room ..I've also mounted another (glass mount) antenna on the right rear side window for my scanner . Scanner is a handheld that I purchased a coax antenna adapted for at Radio Shack - Makes it easy / nice to take in / out

Everything works very well and I didn't have to chop up the dash or overhead

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.