Ome rusty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thekjwith9lives

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok i plan on making my own lift.I was wondering if i got OME HD front and rear coils and remember i have the Rock Krawler Clevis.Would that be too much lift in the front?I have 2 rear rear iso's.About how much lift would this setup give?If worst is worse i can go pull some stock clevis off a junker.If i did that how much lift would it give with a Rusty's .75 top spacer on the struts w/ stock clevis?

twack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well if the rock crawler gives you 3 inches of lift then another 2-3 inches from the springs is way to much

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Mixing in the Rustys spacers may give you problems as well. Everyone using them pretty much is using them with Daystar top plates, so they are sort of making a cheap Franky. With a stock top plate and that spacer well Not sire how its going to work.
Just do the simple way stock parts with OME springs, some clevis and maybe a top plate like Boilers cheaper , as much lift and won't mess with the springs any.

Sirthor1881

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question-- Would a set of Front- OME HD coils, no clevis lift or top plate, would it set close to level with just two rear iso's? Would it have a pre-runner style rake to it? I know its a stupid question, just curious though.

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LOL, im sorry guys, but some of you guys can confuse the hell out of us with ur replies.

theJKwith9lives: Your extra long clevis plus the OME HD coils may be TOO much for the stock CV's.

If you are gonna use the Rusty's 3/4" spacer, your need to use the Daystar top plate. ITs not a cheap Frankenlift...its the exact same components as the Frankenlift. Its probably the best lift you can do (dollar for dollar) if you USE THE DAYSTAR PLATES.

If you use the stock stop plates, the best lift you can make is the OME HD's plus the clevis conduit nuts. That will get u a lift similar to a frankie.

Anymore height than that and youre gonna prolly need to get ur hands on some machined CV's

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
LOL, im sorry guys, but some of you guys can confuse the hell out of us with ur replies.

theJKwith9lives: Your extra long clevis plus the OME HD coils may be TOO much for the stock CV's.

If you are gonna use the Rusty's 3/4" spacer, your need to use the Daystar top plate. ITs not a cheap Frankenlift...its the exact same components as the Frankenlift. Its probably the best lift you can do (dollar for dollar) if you USE THE DAYSTAR PLATES.

If you use the stock stop plates, the best lift you can make is the OME HD's plus the clevis conduit nuts. That will get u a lift similar to a frankie.
Franky parts
You must be registered for see images attach

Anymore height than that and youre gonna prolly need to get ur hands on some machined CV's

Sorry not the same as a Frankenlift , they use parts only made for them.

Last edited:

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry not the same as a Frankenlift , they use parts only made for them.

last i checked, Frankenlift uses:
OME coils
Rancho Strut
Daystar top plate
.75 Poly spacer
Upper iso

Do-it urself uses:
OME coils
Rancho Strut
Daystar plate
Rusty .75 poly spacer
Upper iso

Only difference is the manufacturer of the .75" poly spacer (as far as we know they could be made by same company)...but its still a .75" poly spacer last I checked.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
bottom spacer different as well, but its all cool not going to argue over a little spacer, just saying
AllJs also has an extra piece on the side to protect it from the spindle
also they don't use Ranchos any longer since they are hard to get
having done 16 KJ lifts and another one this weekend scheduled I sort of know the parts involved ;)

bigBlue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bottom spacer different as well, but its all cool not going to argue over a little spacer, just saying
AllJs also has an extra piece on the side to protect it from the spindle
also they don't use Ranchos any longer since they are hard to get
having done 16 KJ lifts and another one this weekend scheduled I sort of know the parts involved ;)

is that the chunk sticking off the side of the spacer? kinda like a bump stop?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes thats like a bump stop. I did remove part of mine to allow some more drop.
I got the Franky parts from someone who didn't like how high their KJ sat with it, removed the Franky parts and dropped it on the springs and small clevis

Members online

No members online now.