OME Lift - Piece by Piece

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hiroller

Reaction score
I originally planned on going with Rusty's 2.5" lift but after more reading (thanks jeepkj02 for the info), I have decided to go with the HD OME springs. Here's what I found so far (just a little shopping around from various places):

OME HD Springs x4 (front and rear)
Rancho RSX 17505 x2 (front struts/shocks)
Rancho RSX 17004 x2 (rear shocks)

The total for the above comes up to $514.00 (not including shipping) but I'm sure if I shop around even more I may get down a bit more. Does that sound about right to get this lift going (aside from the conduit nuts)?

hiroller

Reaction score
Ah yes, extended bump stops. I see a lot of mention of the Tera Flex ones - would those be the best to go with?

Griemster1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I Dont Know How Much Those Rancho's Break Down To But I Paid $237.84 For Those Same Rancho's On Amazon.com That Was With Free Shipping.

hiroller

Reaction score
I came up with 274.00 for all 4 Ranchos on my end, based on what I found so far.

I just checked Amazon and found them there for a total of 253.60. That's 20 more dollars saved and it brings my grand total down to about 494.00 now. Thanks Griemster1!

Griemster1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No problem thats why were here, where and what are you using for you bump stops cause i still need front and back for mine?

hiroller

Reaction score
I'm having a little trouble locating bump stops on the web, but what I did find in another post somewhere was this information:

Tera Flex - Part# 001903200
Call them at 801-713-3314 to order.

I have yet to confirm the pricing and/or other alternatives...

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm having a little trouble locating bump stops on the web, but what I did find in another post somewhere was this information:

Tera Flex - Part# 001903200
Call them at 801-713-3314 to order.

I have yet to confirm the pricing and/or other alternatives...
SkyJacker also make extended front bumpstops,Daystar makes rear ones.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Hey that sounds like a good deal, but what about the upper strut plates? I thought you needed these to get the full 3" lift.
So where did you source the OME springs? I want to lift mine too, but am getting stuck on the 1000.00 its gonna cost me to get it.

I just seen a post by 501 on his Daystar lift. His KJ looks great, and since I won't be doing any rock climbing and such, I am rethinking the whole OME thing.

Still can't decide:confused::confused:

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey that sounds like a good deal, but what about the upper strut plates? I thought you needed these to get the full 3" lift.
So where did you source the OME springs? I want to lift mine too, but am getting stuck on the 1000.00 its gonna cost me to get it.

I just seen a post by 501 on his Daystar lift. His KJ looks great, and since I won't be doing any rock climbing and such, I am rethinking the whole OME thing.

Still can't decide:confused::confused:
You don't need the daystar plates,that's only for the Frankinlift or daystar puck lift.The OME only lift is only 1.5",you may get about 2" from the HD springs,hence why the Frankinlift uses a spacer also to get 2.5".

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
front bumpstops Teraflex 801-713-3314 part number 001903200 16.24 each plus shipping. I did the Rancho/ OME Heavy Duty lift with a clevis and got over 2.5 and even with the ARB on the front. Good way to go and its doesnt cost a 1000 bucks as shown above. Rear bumpstops.. there are a number of ways to go including using 2 hockey pucks per side.

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Ok, I have been reading till I near pass out on the lifts and other mods(cleavislift) and came to the conclusion that I know I want new springs.
Thats a given.

Now Rancho shocks/struts will probably be the choice for my driving which is 90% dd commuting and a moderate 10% off roading. Having said that, I want to upgrade the tires at least to 245/75/16 (mt/r's hopefully) to gain ground clearance. This is the reason why I don't go off roading more.

So really all I need is OME springs, Ranch shocks/struts, front bumpstops would be nice too. Here's a question for you then. Do I need the upper strut plates to get the 245's inside the wheel wells without cutting/pounding pinch welds?

Oh! So how is the ride with that set up?Better? I also hope to eliminate that rear suspension jar I get over depressions in the road.

BTW The $1000.00 is what it will cost me to buy and ship it to me in Canada.

Last edited:

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Now I am totally confused. I searched RRO's site and they sell OME springs and shocks/struts. Now is the only diffrence between the Frankenlift and RRO's Rockfather kit the upper strut plates?
The more posts I read, the more contradictory info I seem to get. Are the springs and shocks at RRO the same springs and shocks at AllJ'S?
If so, what is the diffrence between the two companies lifts?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Now I am totally confused. I searched RRO's site and they sell OME springs and shocks/struts. Now is the only diffrence between the Frankenlift and RRO's Rockfather kit the upper strut plates?
The more posts I read, the more contradictory info I seem to get. Are the springs and shocks at RRO the same springs and shocks at AllJ'S?
If so, what is the diffrence between the two companies lifts?
The Frankinlift uses OME coils(light,medium,or HD) F/R,Choice of Rancho or OME struts/shocks(OME cost more),Daystar upper strut plates,custom made poly spacer for the full lift in front,and the front strut assemblies come pre-assembled.Also AllJ's is the only place to get the N132L long travel OME rear shock made for the KJ,no other place that is not a AllJ's vender can not sell these shocks,they have the exclusive deal with OME,heck they are made in Australia and those guys need to order them from AllJ's to get them.The OME N132 rear shocks are only 1/2" longer then the stock rear shocks,I had a set and they limited rear flex and road bad because of the limited travel for 2 1/2"+ lifts,the N132L's or Rancho 17004's are the correct length for a 2 1/2"+ lifted KJ.

The Rockfather I kit only comes with new OME front coils and spacer,a poly spacer for the rear and there junk rear shocks.You have to use your exsisting front struts and upper strut plates and assmeble it yourself(or pay to have it done at a shop),and your OEM rear coils.

The Rockfather II kit comes with OME coils and struts,spacer,and you have to assemble them yourself also.The rear comes with there brand of raer coils and shocks(not OME or Rancho).

The Frankinlift is a bargin to other lifts since it uses all the best parts already and it comes pre-assembled(front struts).

Oh I almost forgot about the OME 790's for the CRD Frankinlift,no spacers used(get 2" lift) but the front coils are 500lbs rate coils,the stock CRD front coils are 410lbs,OME HD's are 400lbs.

Last edited:

kj924

Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks TJKJ. I am looking at the RRO site as I am typing this. Their site claims to be selling OME everything(struts,shocks,f/r coils and "trim spacer").
Now I know you know much more than me about the lifts and KJ in general. I am listening to you, just getting lost in the confusion.

Check this out:

http://www.rocky-road.com/kjome.html

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks TJKJ. I am looking at the RRO site as I am typing this. Their site claims to be selling OME everything(struts,shocks,f/r coils and "trim spacer").
Now I know you know much more than me about the lifts and KJ in general. I am listening to you, just getting lost in the confusion.

Check this out:

http://www.rocky-road.com/kjome.html
Yes they sell OME F/R coils and OME struts/shocks(N132's only) but the Rockfather I&II kits don't come with all OME parts.It will cost you more to add all the OME parts to there kits.Plus RRO has a really bad rep as far as selling to KJ'ers.