OME lift kit - which control arms needed?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Okie michael

Reaction score
The JBA front upper control arms you linked to above will be all you need in the front. These front upper control arms are referred to as "A" arms. You should not need to replace the front lower control arms to accommodate a lift. If you do need front lower control arms for some reason, I have a set of those for sale too!
I’d rather have the warranty. Thx though!

Okie michael

Reaction score
Does anyone know if these lower front control arms are okay? They are much less expensive than others I have seen. If you have suggestions for others to consider please share. Thx all!
The mechanic is saying that it is less expensive to just replace the entire thing than replace the bushings.

Last edited:

Okie michael

Reaction score

Attachments

• 330218CD-F192-4CAC-8940-2BDC1E20C899.png
    330218CD-F192-4CAC-8940-2BDC1E20C899.png
    717.1 KB · Views: 7

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Can someone explain the benefits of the adjustable aftermarket rear lower control arms? I've actually been very happy with the way the stock ones work back there but maybe I'm missing something?
Yes , stronger, also bushings are WAY better than stock, makes a huge difference in handling etc
You adjust them to be the same length as stock

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The JBA front upper control arms you linked to above will be all you need in the front. These front upper control arms are referred to as "A" arms. You should not need to replace the front lower control arms to accommodate a lift. If you do need front lower control arms for some reason, I have a set of those for sale too!
Now their is a term you no longer hear anymore
A Arms LOL

Shankster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, understood. Any suggestions or recommendations on parts? That is why I am posting questions. Thanks
From my experience you should go with the JBA or RRO upper front control arms. Don't throw away your money on labor and parts for new stock type control arms - when lifted, the stock control arms can hit the springs (my pass side one did) and the ride will be harsh because your front wheels will have no downward travel because the ball joints will be maxed out. You'll also lose downward articulation of the front wheels when you're off road, again because the ball joints will be maxed out. I'm the biggest cheapskate you'll ever meet and even I splurged on RRO control arms - my 02 rides soooooooooooooooo much better now. If you go the cheap route and get the stock type ones you'll end up doing it over later with the JBAs or RROs so this is a situation where it will actually be less expensive doing it right the first time.

Nobody will warranty stock front upper control arms or the ball joints they come with if you have a lift.

I have no personal experience with anything but the stock rear control arms but if I HAD to replace my rears I would likely go with the aftermarket ones with the fancy ball-joint style bushings discussed earlier. It makes sense that they would work better than a couple of hunks of rubber and it sounds like folks can feel the difference.

lfhoward

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
JBA only front UCAs
Agree ^^^

Tom and I have been around the forums long enough to see that people who buy RRO control arms can either have a good or bad experience, because of random fitment issues. Quality control and customer service is hit or miss. JBA is always quality and always fits, and their customer service is top notch.

Johnny O

Just hangin' out.
Reaction score
Agree ^^^

Tom and I have been around the forums long enough to see that people who buy RRO control arms can either have a good or bad experience, because of random fitment issues. Quality control and customer service is hit or miss. JBA is always quality and always fits, and their customer service is top notch.
Truth

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Mehh I've been around long enough to know RRO is top quality stuff and will fit ,you'll be fine with either ..RRO can take a beating and keep going that I know from experience
In all the years I have been building 4x4s of various brands
on several 4x4 websites including the ones like sammys, Toys, Trackers etc that I have been involved with
I have only read about 4 or 5 folks who have had a really good experiences with them over the last 20 plus years

Im happy that you like them, and use them the way you do
Nothing against you
BUT
the amount of bad parts, people who have been ripped off, makes the few satisfied folks a one in a million
so consider yourself lucky

Shankster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mehh I've been around long enough to know RRO is top quality stuff and will fit ,you'll be fine with either ..RRO can take a beating and keep going that I know from experience
I also have no complaints with my Rocky Road Outfitters upper control arms. https://www.rocky-road.com/jeep-liberty-control-arms.html
Quality, fit and customer service were both excellent from my perspective. They also seem to be one of the few companies still developing cool stuff for the Liberty. I'll keep going back to them unless they give me reason not to.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
I also have no complaints with my Rocky Road Outfitters upper control arms. https://www.rocky-road.com/jeep-liberty-control-arms.html
Quality, fit and customer service were both excellent from my perspective. They also seem to be one of the few companies still developing cool stuff for the Liberty. I'll keep going back to them unless they give me reason not to.
I have driven modified 4x4s since 1972
If RRO was the only place to buy lift parts Id be running stock
Too many friends and my customers been burnt with RRO not giving a c r a p about customer service

Okie michael

Reaction score
When lifted stock wheels will work
or
16X7 with 4 inch backspacing
or if running 255 70 16 or 265 70 16 the 18X8 with 5 inches of backspacing
anything else you will lose articulation in the rear due to having to run more / taller bumpstops

The shocks that come on the OME KIT will work if only street driven, any off roading and they will top out
Thanks Tom! If I keep my stock Renegade model wheels, I know 245/75 are probably best. If I want to go larger / wider would I need to use spacers (I don’t like the idea of spacers personally just curious about options) to get to 255 or 265 do you know what I would need to achieve that width? Or if I tried using the 1997 Wrangler Sahara wheels with spacers would that allow for 31x10.5s? Thanks again y’all!

JBA upper controls arms arrive soon and I have rear Core 4x4 lower control arms in, as well as the OME shocks springs and struts. Looking forward to installing soon

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Spacers no
1997 wrangler wheels , I would not
255 or 265 what ? 70s , 75s ???

Okie michael

Reaction score
Spacers no
1997 wrangler wheels , I would not
255 or 265 what ? 70s , 75s ???
OK to no spacers. OK to no Wrangler wheels :)
I am wondering, with the setup described, if I could use stock Renegade wheels on something wider that 245s… I am just wondering if either the 255 or 265 would work for either 70 or 75. Am pretty sure I need an 8” wide wheel for 265/75 16 (and it might need more than the 2.5” OME lift) but I’m wondering if there is a way to go wider than 245/75 16 on stock Renegade model wheels

Ps. I know the OME is listed as 1.5” kit but have read that it is closer to 2.5”… let me know if I’m mistaken

Thanks y’all!

Doing10to20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right on man good to hear ..the guys are good over there when it comes to customer service, I've been ordering from them for yrs for all my jeeps and they've never let me down..parts always fit right and can handle a beating