Old Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
Wow they are AMAZING!! so solid feeling and all swaying has been eliminated!

Also to note I installed the entire strut without disconnecting the upper ball joint and it was easy as pie to do so.... To do it I first removed the clevis then the strut simply slid right out!

I also installed the rusty's strut plate... I had to redrill the holes with a larger bit though... because they did not line up on either side.

I also gave it a slight clevis lift and from my measurements I gained a little over 1.5" of lift!!

Bennett

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bennett said:
I also gave it a slight clevis lift and from my measurements I gained a little over 1.5" of lift!!

Bennett

Why was there an increase in lift after installing the struts... I am looking to pick up the RSX17505 struts. I already did a small clevis lift to level the Jeep (after a 2" BDS lift). Do you think the front will look higher than the rear after this? If so, I guess I can buy something for the rear hehe.

Let me know cause I wanna install this RSX stuff by 4th of July!!

BUYING THIS WEEK:
  • RSX 17004 Rear Shocks
    RSX 17505 Front Struts
    Moog K-3199 Greaseable Lower Ball Joints

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
Bennett said:

Bennett

Why was there an increase in lift after installing the struts... I am looking to pick up the RSX17505 struts. I already did a small clevis lift to level the Jeep (after a 2" BDS lift). Do you think the front will look higher than the rear after this? If so, I guess I can buy something for the rear hehe.

Let me know cause I wanna install this RSX stuff by 4th of July!!

BUYING THIS WEEK:
  • RSX 17004 Rear Shocks
    RSX 17505 Front Struts
    Moog K-3199 Greaseable Lower Ball Joints

Hey, I got more lift because I installed a rusty's spacer deal on top of the strut and also did a clevis lift. (Rusty's 2.5" springs too)

Front will not look higher than the rear, as it doesn't with my configuration

Bennett

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank man!! I can't wait to get everything together. I think I wanna get the upper arms from JeepinAl while I'm doing all this updating haha.

Then I will be complete (regarding lift)
(whistle)

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Who brings up a 6 month old thread? Seriously?

Just kidding. lol3.gif.

Hmm, those shocks really were "Rusty" huh? \:D/

Ball Joint failures getting to you Phil?

MoladoGuy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Those shocks were nasty.

I wanna get rid of the ball joints before I do have a failure, possibly an expensive failure!! These are just the beginning methods to get it all under control.

=D>

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
Thank man!! I can't wait to get everything together. I think I wanna get the upper arms from JeepinAl while I'm doing all this updating haha.

(whistle)

Wonder if we can do a group buy on them.... I know some other people on the forum are wanting them.

Bennett

jfortier777

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bennett said:
MoladoGuy said:

(whistle)

Wonder if we can do a group buy on them.... I know some other people on the forum are wanting them.

Bennett

You said it Bennett. Now I'm gonna hold you to it.

Bennett

Administrator
Reaction score
MoladoGuy said:
Hey, that would be awesome!! If you can contact Al regarding this we can see what his requirements would be.

Just emailed him.