OK, whose KJ was this?!? What bumpers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i came across this 2002 Limited Edition KJ for sale locally at a car lot in Virginia Beach, VA and thought for sure that with a build like this someone would recognize it. Are these custom bumpers or were they manufactured for the KJ? The front one looks familiar but like parts were added to it. This seems to have been built right when it was done, ARB Lockers, Warn Winch etc. I tried to talk my wife into trading her 04 in on it but she wouldn't :( . This is supposed to be a one-owner rig and it was originally sold in NJ.

You must be registered for see images attach

Front spring/shock:

Anyone else seen a KJ with the net in the tailgate like this? I have only seen it on one other KJ and that was in a brochure:

They are asking 9K for it with 80K miles on it here is the info if anyone is interested: http://www.oceanautobrokers.net/use...0a0d048e00b9eee9838e85b7.htm?useHistory=true#

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
9K???
Mines worth 13K then :happy175:
Get them to knock a 1000 off due to ugly bumpers
they have to be one offs
haven't seen anything like them in the last 7 years that I've been lurking

sota

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn... they're trying to rip people off eh?

Tarikleesimsek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumpers are for sure custom! Never seen sth like that around! It looks ugly though!! 9 grand!!! Too much money for this!

Neb1373

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I personally kinda like the front bumper, minus the crappy fitment, the rear bumper I'm not real fond of.

gtommec

Full Access Member
Reaction score
9K???
Mines worth 13K then :happy175:
Get them to knock a 1000 off due to ugly bumpers
they have to be one offs
haven't seen anything like them in the last 7 years that I've been lurking

you jest but your KJ would sell all day long here for 13K, people (esp dealers) are stupid about KJ prices here. Stock 02/03 4x4 basic Sports with 100k miles sell all day long here for $10,000. It amazes me what people will buy and sell KJ's for here, I bought my wife's loaded 04 Sport last year with a little over 60K on it for $7,400. I know I paid too much but it was the cheapest KJ around. This guy will definitely get get his asking price and probably pretty soon as well. I offered him 6K cash for it and he turned me down. I actually like the rear bumper and would put the ARB bumper on the front.