ok how does this lift sound?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coloradored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i agree with the two of you 100% but you see im a poor college student that wants to lift his kj. Im putting a majority of my $$ in the springs and front struts, things that do need to last. So if i can get a shock that will last me tell summer or maybe longer for half the cost of the OME or Rancho shocks i think id do it and i did;) and well an other thing Rustys has the same people make there shocks for them as rancho!:eek:
thanks for your concern on my shocks needs!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
just because a company makes shocks for two different companies does not make them the same each has their own specs in what they want

But oh well we tried, you asked we answered you took a different road your loss

pay now or pay more later
Bure agali

coloradored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol ok its not my loss but that's cool
i know what your say specks and all so if you would like to save me from a life of problems you can feel free to go ahead a buy me the OME shocks go for it teach me a lesson:D.

and i do graciously thank you for all of your help with my lift questions,
the other thing is i know you get what you play for so i payed for what i could barley afford!

Thanks

Last edited:

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey Im apoor college student too, I had to peice my lift together and it sucked sitting in my room satring at the coils and not haveing the shocks and struts.

how much did you pay for the Rustys shocks?

are these the ones you bought??
http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RX-906-KJ&Category_Code=SHOCKS

when if you would have scrolled down justa little bit more you would have seen these
http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=OMEShocks&Category_Code=SHOCKS

now they arent the OME N132L but they are the orginal OME N132 and by using these you dont need new rear bumpstops, these are what I am using

Ry' N Jen

Banned
Reaction score
Slightly North of the 49° th. Parallel... In HongC
I'm not a college student, I'm on permanent disability and scrape by on 1/3 of what I used to earn... If that! I am also sitting hear surrounded by all the extra parts and accessories I have accumulated over the last couple of years (and still am accumulating)!
The way I see it, if I cannot buy what I want all at once, I'll wait until I can and then when I have every thing I need I'll install it all at once rather than comprimise with sub standard items and complain about later weather sillently or out loud.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
As you can see from my sig line, mine has a bunch of stuff on it, not bragging but I bought when I could, used, on sale whatever and 4 years later here I am almost there, but everyone wants to do it today anymore, good things come to those that wait, thats how I got a 250 dollar ARB:D

coloradored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey Im apoor college student too, I had to peice my lift together and it sucked sitting in my room satring at the coils and not haveing the shocks and struts.

how much did you pay for the Rustys shocks?

are these the ones you bought??
http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=RX-906-KJ&Category_Code=SHOCKS

when if you would have scrolled down justa little bit more you would have seen these
http://rustysoffroad.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=OMEShocks&Category_Code=SHOCKS

now they arent the OME N132L but they are the orginal OME N132 and by using these you dont need new rear bumpstops, these are what I am using

Yes the first one are what I got but I didn’t pay that, I can’t remember what I paid per shock but it was less, I got a special deal because of buying some other stuff for my last jeep that was backordered.

Its funny I was/am in the same place you were with buying it peace by peace, and the shocks were the last thing. I just need to wait tell thanksgiving to put it on :D
Oh and no I didn’t see those OME shocks on there page just looked in the shock KJ bracket and I also didn’t think they cared OME since they moved there manufacturing plant.
The total for my lift is about $625

coloradored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m in the same boat as all of you, with my jeep! I just had one more thing and that was the shock. So I opted to redeem my coupon code and jump ahead for the mean time so I could replace my saggy oem springs and shocks. So I hope know one thought that I was complaining but merely just trying to defend my self.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Not a problem , it just seems so many come on these forums asking what is the best setup for this price, you give them two or three examples and they do / buy something totally different, so you get to the point and ask yourself "why should I even take the time to list anything cause they will not take the advice anyways"

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You found an ARB for $250...show me how to do that!:D
found it on Craigslist , well actually others on the LOST forum found it no one was buying it, after three weeks I called the guy and he said his Father wanted it out of the garage that weekend said if you want come now! , 3 hour drive one way, picked up the bumper, an complete OTT lift ( sold the rear spacers) , 2 upper control arms (sold both of them) , Renegade front fenders cut off for the bumper already and it was mine come to think of it I have less than 250 after selling off parts:eek::D

coloradored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well its on! And I really like how it looks and rides. It a little tall in the back so maybe ill have to do a clevis one of these days. The Rusty's shocks didn't really fit even with the washers that they gave me so I talked to them and they said that they would take them back and send me the OME ones. But over all the install was almost too easy and it rides and looks like it soughed of from jeep to begin with.

coloradored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i will have to pay the differences, and i think maybe some more on shipping but ill have to argue that a little to get the cost down, :D well hey its not my fault that there web site didn't say that you would have to use 8 washers to get them to fit!

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still say you need to shop around to find the best deal you can
I got a cheep as heck lift
coils $100 a pair ,on close out OME med
struts $85 each going rate for Rancho's
shocks $40 each from rustys
install was $120 with alignment

that means that with shipping ,install and alignment I still payed less than $625

coloradored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I still say you need to shop around to find the best deal you can
I got a cheep as heck lift
coils $100 a pair ,on close out OME med
struts $85 each going rate for Rancho's
shocks $40 each from rustys
install was $120 with alignment

that means that with shipping ,install and alignment I still payed less than $625

that's what i payed for parts,

coloradored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
really
before thanksgiving you were paying $625 for parts
you suddenly found them for $175 cheeper?
tell me where
I am looking for the HD springs and have yet to find them under ~$130 a pair

sorry i read your thread wrong i thought that you payed $625 for parts not that you were quoting me on that price, it was a while ago when i first started this post:eek:
but yes my grand total (not including alignment) was $647.77
shipping kills lol
ome front $176.53
ome back $192.93
rancko struts $195.10
shocks $83.21

coloradored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok finely got back it my shocks, had to make it through finals week(blarg). i talked to rustys and they are sending me the OMEs and i just sent theres back, i wish i say these on there site to start with lol