ok how does this lift sound?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coloradored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i recently came across an amazing deal on some OME frony light coils and I'm trying to build a moderate lift around the same grounds as the OME lift would have.

Light lowed OME in the front
Light lowed OME struts front

OME shocks/ or comparable but cheaper in the back
Some kind of poly block that's equals out to be in the 1.5/2in lift

Or maybe ill just save up and go the hole ten miles and get every thing OME and end up with what i would of gotten from there kit.

thanks for your input!!!

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your best bet is just to get OME HD coils and Rancho shocks and struts all shipped for about $650 and then add a extra rear upper iso and a 2 or 3 ring clevis and you will be at 3" most likely

coloradored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know what you are saying about the medium load and heavy load springs, but those two are only made for jeeps with heavy bumpers and winches! so with out having ether of those two it would give me to much lift (over OME 1.75in).

So the question:confused: is, is there any one out there that makes a 1.5in poly block for the rear, so i can level out the liberty just like the OME kit would have?

LibertyOrDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i know what you are saying about the medium load and heavy load springs, but those two are only made for jeeps with heavy bumpers and winches! so with out having ether of those two it would give me to much lift (over OME 1.75in).

So the question:confused: is, is there any one out there that makes a 1.5in poly block for the rear, so i can level out the liberty just like the OME kit would have?

What do you mean by too much lift? You can run those just fine without a winch or bumper. There is no such thing as too much lift with an of the OME springs, well unless you're a midget.

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The OME H.D. springs alone, 927 and 948 will only net you 2" - 2 1/4" in the front and 2 1/2" in the rear. Add Rancho shocks RSX 17505 front and RSX17004 rear with lifetime warranty. Your ride will be firm with less body roll, not stiff. Throw on a set of 255/70/16's (30") or 245/75/16's (30.7") and go have fun with the confidence of a good suspension lift.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The OME H.D. springs alone, 927 and 948 will only net you 2" - 2 1/4" in the front and 2 1/2" in the rear. Add Rancho shocks RSX 17505 front and RSX17004 rear with lifetime warranty. Your ride will be firm with less body roll, not stiff. Throw on a set of 255/70/16's (30") or 245/75/16's (30.7") and go have fun with the confidence of a good suspension lift.

times two

light duty springs are the same as stock so why would you want to stay like stock spring rates, unless you like riding on marshmellows

ThunderbirdJunkie

Bronze Supporter
Reaction score
It blows my mind how not-rough the HD's ride without anything up front. Only thing I have is a front hitch...

it's stiffer, but definitely not CJ5 stiff. If you don't go HD's all around, go buy a Town Car:)

Just MHO!

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
It blows my mind how not-rough the HD's ride without anything up front. Only thing I have is a front hitch...

it's stiffer, but definitely not CJ5 stiff. If you don't go HD's all around, go buy a Town Car:)

Just MHO!

Thats is what I try and tell everyone I do lifts for (or did) anymore I just get the OME HDs, install them and they love the ride, mention Heavy Duty and everyone wants to freak out and think its going to ride like Grandpas tractor!

Tom

J-Thompson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i recently came across an amazing deal on some OME frony light coils and I'm trying to build a moderate lift around the same grounds as the OME lift would have.

Light lowed OME in the front
Light lowed OME struts front

OME shocks/ or comparable but cheaper in the back
Some kind of poly block that's equals out to be in the 1.5/2in lift

Or maybe ill just save up and go the hole ten miles and get every thing OME and end up with what i would of gotten from there kit.

thanks for your input!!!

Dont waste your money
get the OME Med or HD coils and OME or Rancho struts/shocks
my wife uses the KJ as a DD and maybe 2 or 3 times a year to go off road
we/she has NOTHING after market out side the suspension and tires and trans skid
with ONLY the med coils we run MTR's on stock wheels
we had some bad spring sag on the OE springs and when we up graded we got close to 2.25" and now have right at 2"

The reason that OME lists their spring as giving 1.75" is real a 2 part answer
#1 this is based off of a brand new KJ
#2 some where in the Chrysler fine print it states that suspension lifts over 2" will void all warranties on related components
I found this out from the some what local Jeep dealer who will install a lift on a brand new Jeep mostly JK's but if you want it on a KK he will do that also

coloradored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok its time

i got my lift but have not put it on yet, im waiting tell thanksgiving.
i did ranch 17505 struts with ome926 in the front and Rusty's cheep shocks (i know there going to not last) with ome948 in the back.

i cant stand looking at all of my new parts and not being able to put them on!

coloradored

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they were the cheapest 2in lift shocks i could find and i though that they would make it tell i could get some OME or Rancho!

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my OME N132 rear shocks from Rustys for $40 each, now they arent the N132L or the Ranchos length but they work just fine, and they dont require longer bumpstops

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
before you install your lift please do me a favor....return the Rustys shocks and spend a few more bucks on Ranchos, you will Thank me later I am sure, why buy something that you have to replace, knowingly replace even??????

jsc7002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom is right you will thank him later if you dont use theose Crusty shocks,

they are 245/75/16 retreads, they are great!