Oil on the wheel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some oil ( look red or pink to me ) appeared on my left wheel. I am thinking about left brake hose that punched a hole but can't figure it right now, gonna take care of it tomorrow, what do you guys think?

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll go to check all my fluid level later tonight but it's coming from around the brake disk, then drip on the rim and on the tire while rolling.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, couldn't find any leak near the PS oil container, or near any liquid container. Found nothing around the brake or even on the inside of the wheel, only on the outside of it and on the tire + some drop on the flare...PS oil is full, as is brake fluid. CV boot is fine to. Wierd...

HoosierJeeper

Gold Supporter/Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Clean it and see if it comes back. Brake fluid is clear I thought?

Leeann

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ yup, clear/light amber.

Only PS fluid, transmission fluid, transfer case fluid should be red, with coolant a dark pink/light red.

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll see if it come back. Since all the fluid are still full it's not a big deal or a very urgent leak. Gonna get it fixed if I can figure where it come from.

TwoBobsKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll see if it come back. Since all the fluid are still full it's not a big deal or a very urgent leak. Gonna get it fixed if I can figure where it come from.

What about the radiator? The usual place for them to crack is around the upper hose on the driver's side - it could be running down the radiator and being blown back to the front wheel area while you're driving.

Bob

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll take a look at it on my next day free. I took it to the mechanic in my building on my lunch and on a quick look in found nothing. No liquid inside the wheel or in the engine compartment no liquid at all but on the exterior of the wheel...wierd

martin_metal_88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a quick question about the Steering rack, does it have any symptom when it goes bad. I have noticed a few clung when completly turning the wheel at low speed.