Oil change

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jack Bryant

Reaction score
I know you all get tired of hearing from me,but having different opinions helps.
I know people use all kinds of oil
. I generally use Mobil 1 synthetic high mileage 10 -30 for high mileage engines. I am interested in what you guys use . Thanks Jack

first&lastKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use either Pennzoil, Valvoline or Castrol. I did use conventional but it's getting hard to find, it seems most is now the synthetic blend so thats what I have been using. 5w-20 in the 07 and 5w-30 in the 02. I change it every 3 months or 3,000 miles.

Jack Bryant

Reaction score
I use either Pennzoil, Valvoline or Castrol. I did use conventional but it's getting hard to find, it seems most is now the synthetic blend so thats what I have been using. 5w-20 in the 07 and 5w-30 in the 02.
So the 5w 30 is better than 10w 30?

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
KJ oil Spec is 5W-30. I use Valvoline high mileage Max Life, It has stem seal conditioners built in.
You must be registered for see images attach

Notice the book symbol on cap.
It's a reference (see owners manual)

Jack Bryant

Reaction score
KJ oil Spec is 5W-30. I use Valvoline high mileage Max Life, It has stem seal conditioners built in.

Notice the book symbol on cap.
It's a reference (see owners manual)
Yeah didn't know e they made stem seal protection oil.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Good high mileage oil indeed.

I also add 1/2 bottle of this: https://www.lubegard.com/products/biotech/

*Helps reduce smoking by restoring flexibility to valve stem seals for improved sealing.
Also providing outstanding upper cylinder lubricity as it frees up sticking rings & Keeps lifters quiet!

Jack Bryant

Reaction score
Good high mileage oil indeed.

I also add 1/2 bottle of this: https://www.lubegard.com/products/biotech/

*Helps reduce smoking by restoring flexibility to valve stem seals for improved sealing.
Also providing outstanding upper cylinder lubricity as it frees up sticking rings
I will give it a try. My o.j. still in the air waiting on uca

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use to use 10w-30 year round but switched to 5w-30 in both my 3.7 and 4.0 many years ago. Been using Valvoline and a napa gold filter for as long as I can remember.

Used mobil and purolator for awhile when I first got my liberty. Price of mobil went up and purolator started putting some sort of yellow grippy stuff on their filters and you could see some of it laying in the bottom of the box, and I didnt like that.

Reaction score
I will give it a try. My o.j. still in the air waiting on uca

Same stuff I use on my 07 KJ with 187,000 miles and my 01 F150 with 70,000. All around a great and well performing oil.

Side note - For the 01 F150, I use 5.5QTS of 5W-20, and .5QTS of Lucas Oil Stop Leak. Stops any small drips you may have.

Jack Bryant

Reaction score
I use to use 10w-30 year round but switched to 5w-30 in both my 3.7 and 4.0 many years ago. Been using Valvoline and a napa gold filter for as long as I can remember.

Used mobil and purolator for awhile when I first got my liberty. Price of mobil went up and purolator started putting some sort of yellow grippy stuff on their filters and you could see some of it laying in the bottom of the box, and I didnt like that.
Thanks ,you are right Mobil is high

nbas

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use AMSOIL XL 5W-30 Synthetic Motor Oil. It is meeting DaimlerChrysler Material Standard MS-6395 (recommended in my car's book).

JEC

Reaction score
I’ve been using Amazon Basics 5w-30 full synthetic high mileage. The stuff has a good rating and is produced by Warren Oil Company. Been using it for several years and so far so good! Previously used mostly Castrol syn blend and I like this better. I change oil every 3000 miles (sometimes go over a bit) and use a Wix XP oil filter. I feel good about this, but I’m no expert, so if someone who knows better wants to tell me why this is a bad idea I’m all ears.

Last edited:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Mobile 1 and NAPA gold filter on all 3 .( thats all the 04 ever taster LOL )
summer/winter / whatever