Oh goody! U-joints!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geof3

Reaction score
I have a bench vise, but not with a big enough capacity for u-joints. As I have gotten older (just old really) I've become less "home wrench-centric". I've been doing it for years. Doing the suspension was pretty easy overall. And I have a bit of a hassle/time/money/satisfaction equation I use these days to determine my desire to do my own work. Usually I do, but sometimes (as in this case) I pulled it, dropped it off, installed it, all in about 4 hours and was able to squeeze in a breakfast with a buddy while I waited for the driveshaft. All for a C-note. That's money well spent for me these days! :)

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
I use a small arbor press. Also used vises many times. Helpful to freeze the new u-joints before installation to keep the needle bearings in place... I've broken a couple long ago.

Never had my driveshaft balanced but someone taught me to mark the shaft and flanges before disassembly and reassemble with the marks lined up.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.