Oh goody! U-joints!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geof3

Reaction score
I have a bench vise, but not with a big enough capacity for u-joints. As I have gotten older (just old really) I've become less "home wrench-centric". I've been doing it for years. Doing the suspension was pretty easy overall. And I have a bit of a hassle/time/money/satisfaction equation I use these days to determine my desire to do my own work. Usually I do, but sometimes (as in this case) I pulled it, dropped it off, installed it, all in about 4 hours and was able to squeeze in a breakfast with a buddy while I waited for the driveshaft. All for a C-note. That's money well spent for me these days! :)

turblediesel

memberable
Reaction score
I use a small arbor press. Also used vises many times. Helpful to freeze the new u-joints before installation to keep the needle bearings in place... I've broken a couple long ago.

Never had my driveshaft balanced but someone taught me to mark the shaft and flanges before disassembly and reassemble with the marks lined up.