Offroad bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tboneil24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone suggest a good off road bumper that will work with a demco tow bar base plate.

tboneil24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone modified the ARB Front Bull Bar Bumper to accomodate a tow bar?

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure you'd have to modify the bumper. My ARB has two nice "rings" built into it where I can put recovery shackles. Maybe you could modify the tow-bar.

tboneil24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure you'd have to modify the bumper. My ARB has two nice "rings" built into it where I can put recovery shackles. Maybe you could modify the tow-bar.

Thanks for your reply. I kept hearing they had rings for recovery shackles but couldn't reconize them in any photos. Someone at ARB sent me the install manual and they look like they'll work out just fine.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
When I went to Arb site all I could see was 01-04 model and 05-07 product number.
Mention of having to modify fender to install.
What is the mounting procedure for that bumper? Hopefully it is more than to the two tow hook area mounts. Was there a pdf for install on the liberty with a link?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
send me an email address and I can send you the installation instructions. The mounting is real beefy! Not going to pull one off!;)

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing i always ask myself when i see the ARB mentioned... How much does it weigh?? And how much work suspension wise has to be done to support it?

I thought about installing one at one time but the company wasn't very helpful with my questions. I don't want a lift, i want to keep stock ride height. Would some heavier springs for the stock height be needed for the front after installing the bumper? Or would you also have to replace ??? Nobody seems to cough up the details.

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing i always ask myself when i see the ARB mentioned... How much does it weigh?? And how much work suspension wise has to be done to support it?

I thought about installing one at one time but the company wasn't very helpful with my questions. I don't want a lift, i want to keep stock ride height. Would some heavier springs for the stock height be needed for the front after installing the bumper? Or would you also have to replace ??? Nobody seems to cough up the details.
Without a winch the ARB is about 90lbs,and yes HD front coils are needed.If you wanted to keep the stock ride height then installing some stock CRD coils would suffice for about 30,000-40,000miles before they sagged badly,otherwise OME HD coils would need to be installed at minimum to hold the weight and yes it would lift the KJ also.

kb0nly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without a winch the ARB is about 90lbs,and yes HD front coils are needed.If you wanted to keep the stock ride height then installing some stock CRD coils would suffice for about 30,000-40,000miles before they sagged badly,otherwise OME HD coils would need to be installed at minimum to hold the weight and yes it would lift the KJ also.

Dang... Which means i would also have to replace the rear springs to get the same amount of lift front and rear, thats what i was trying to avoid because its just extra money...

ptsb5a

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing i always ask myself when i see the ARB mentioned... How much does it weigh??

When I put mine on by myself, I mounted the winch in the bumper then had to pick the entire assembly up and put it on the mounts. Lets just call it heavy. Mind you, ARB did an awesome job engineering the mount. The bumper sits on two perches that allow you to align the bumper before bolting it on.