OEM Key fob stopped working/ODBII issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Main issue 2 days ago, the remote lock/unlock stopped working.And unlocking it manually causes the anti theft to go off, horn going and lights flashing, until i start it up, with the same key.

So,it starts with the key that the remote part is not working and the jeep theft does not recognize at the door unlock.

Also another issue. my ODBII port stopped working. I have a ZUS Reader connected , disconnected, reconnected and nope not seeing it connected to the port and not seeing it via bluetooth so the port is not getting power?

Its been and will be low 90's temps in my area, wonder if the heat damaged somethings

Last edited:
Reaction score
Changed battery, no change.
Checked fuse block #13 Body Control Module, Compass Mini-Trip Computer, Automatic Day/Night Mirror, Instrument Cluster, Passenger Airbag On/Off Indicator, Lightbar Switch (Renegade), Sentry Key Remote Entry Module
as no issue with the mini-trip computer, it was indeed fine

#33 Data Link Connector, Sentry Key Remote Entry Module. oh man, Fuse blown!

put another 10a in and it blew right away.. hmmm.
put a 15a in and it held. Sentry and ODBII are both working now.

only had the one 10a spare, will get some more next time I brave the auto parts store.

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
That #13 is rated as 10 amp fuse. Glad to hear the 15amp held though. Still wonder about why the 10 amp keeps blowing. (Quality of fuses or ?)
I keep a good fuse kit in the Jeep. It has 7 of each from 2 amp all the way to 25 amp, I think I got the whole kit for $14.

Reaction score
That #13 is rated as 10 amp fuse. Glad to hear the 15amp held though. Still wonder about why the 10 amp keeps blowing. (Quality of fuses or ?)
I keep a good fuse kit in the Jeep. It has 7 of each from 2 amp all the way to 25 amp, I think I got the whole kit for $14.

13 and 33 are both 10 amp. Its the 33 one that blew

amazon ftw . 272 assorted 11.99

Billwill

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not really a big deal to go slightly up in the fuse size.

When you chop a six inch nail to size and fit it then you are going too far!:eek:

I have found when going through the Jeep KJ Wiring diagrams that a circuit in the 2005 manual uses a 10 Amp fuse...the identical wiring in the 2006 manual takes a 15 Amp fuse!

The factory must have decided to uprate the fuse and did not bother to tell us!:mad:

Reaction score
Got the 272 piece kit
Removed the 15 amp and put a new 10 amp in, no issue, so it was a bad replacement 10 amp. whew

Latest posts

Members online