OBD scanner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
***.ebay.ca/itm/Snap-On-SOLUS-EESC310-DIAGNOSTIC-SCANNER-w-17-KEYS-SOFTWARE-OBD-II-Adaptor-/151580598097?pt=Motors_Automotive_Tools&hash=item234ae85f51 same one i got.

have you found any way to upgrade the firmware for free?

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hm.

Well, I just tried it with DashCommander. I didn't see anything related to transmission temperature.

I then downloaded Torque and setup the Jeep/Chrysler/Dodge PIDs, which caused Transmission Temp to show up on the list, but it still didn't read it.

After looking into it closer, it looks like Transmission Temperature is not a standard PID and is manufacturer (and possibly even model) specific, so you'd have to find the PID for the transmission data point your looking for.

I don't see why the Kiwi PLX wouldn't read the PID, if you knew it. However, you'd also have to know the math correction value to make the raw input make sense.

Seems like it'd just be easier to add a transmission temperature gauge, sadly. Would have loved to get this working.

I just came across this for the transmission temperature.
The PID codes may be different since this was from a JK forum.
See whethether it works on Torque app

Android Torque App. - JKowners.com : Jeep Wrangler JK Forum

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have you found any way to upgrade the firmware for free?
Not going to happen and unless it's a Solus Ultra your not going to be able to update past '08 if I remember correctly anyways.

If you miss the updates(every 6 months) you will have to pay for every missed update at $600 per update.I'm on a program that allows me to update mine yearly for $600 so I get both updates for the price of 1.

To have bi-directional functions your not going to get away with any enrty level scanners besides some minor reset stuff like oil change lights and e-brake retracts on subaru's and vw's.

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ugh. Sorry. I've had a busy last couple of days and haven't gotten around to checking.

I'll get back with you by tomorrow afternoon!

nullptr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, changing the OBD2 header didn't help, still no data received.

Looking around, it almost seems like that 3e01 wakeup code is for 07+. :(

I'll try the other one tomorrow, with luck it'll work!

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for checking into it.

I read that another android up called Drive would work as well but I couldn't find a specific app called "Drive".

Have you come across it before?

Just so we're covering all the bases, I've seen the following PID codes as Trans wakeup:
3e01

With
22b010
as the temperature.

Let's continue this over at this thread instead.
http://www.jeepkj.com/forum/f196/obdii-pid-code-3-7-a-57551/

I'll invest in the $6 for it so I can try out a few things too later but I'll be focusing efforts on the internet atm.

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah...
and the app is no longer on google play.
bah.....

Have you tried the PID scanner to see how many codes are available?

Last edited: