Not Trying to Spam I swear

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ajaiello85

Reaction score
Also...Attached is a picture of my Renegade. With that roof rack I am trying to figure out what kind of set up i'll need for my skis this winter. Does anyone have any insight? The only rails on top of the roof run parallel with the body. I'm looking for "cross-bars" i guess? Thanks guys!

Anthony

Attachments

• Jeep1.jpg
    Jeep1.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 38

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd d/c the plastic trim crap off it first you may feel it looks cool but is less practical. But thats only my 2 cents.

ajaiello85

Reaction score
I'd d/c the plastic trim crap off it first you may feel it looks cool but is less practical. But thats only my 2 cents.

I'd be fine removing the trim. I looked through the 14 pages of "HOW-TO's", and didnt see anything about setting up something for a ski rack. Though I suppose once I pull off the plastic I could just buy normal OEM cross bars or something right?

Porkchop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep it has the ome side rails under the dressing that you can make or buy cross rails for. Don't know if you know this but you can get a ski rack that mounts on the spare tire.

cplchris

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you're removing the renegade basket you could take the crossbars off of that and they would work just fine, only issue is they catch a lot of wind and tend to howl pretty bad at highway speeds

ajaiello85

Reaction score
if you're removing the renegade basket you could take the crossbars off of that and they would work just fine, only issue is they catch a lot of wind and tend to howl pretty bad at highway speeds

With that being said, the cross bars that are currently there seem like that would be way to think to attach a ski rack to. Also it seems like that bar on the rear with the half circles cut out would also pose a problem, right?

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The Renegade " basket " is nothing but plastic, do not attach anything to it