Not Exactly Lift, But,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mods, if there's a more appropriate place, please move.

While installing new suspension components this afternoon I discovered one of the lower cam bolt/washer assys were frozen in place in the LCA bushing. :emotions34: After twisting nut and bolt end off it was unmovable, even with a SnapOn HD air chisel against the broken end. Can't heat em because of the rubber inside, so out came the sawsall. Cut the bolt off on both sides of the bushing (also had to cut the bushing, but with frozen bolt in it, it was already junk).

While looking for new bolt/washer components I found them from "Specialty Products Company". SPC is the #1 supplier of aftermarket OE style, as well as unique to them engineered "specialty" bushings, adaptors, gizmos, for the wheel alignment industry.

They have also recently released a new and unique product specially for Liberty (and related MOPAR) suspensions. This is tapered shims, both a 1/2degree and a 1degree version to place between wheelbearing/hub assy and spindle to add or subtract listed amount of camber. While this may not be the perfectionists choice, it's a very workable one for vehicles with slight damage,or less than perfect lift to get alignment specs back in useable specificatons.

SPC part #s are;

82365 for replacement cam bolts
26012 and 26014 for tapered shims.

My only affiliation with SPC is from having used them with excellent results in my alignment shop for the past 15 years.

Bob

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No pics. I had planned to take measurements also, but one of my guys started tearing it down while I was at lunch.

Bob

twowings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's what I need...minions to do my bidding while I shop Jeep parts online...:gr_grin:

tombo_ontario

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting...do those cam bolts come in packs of two? (I.e. Two bolts , washers and nuts for one LCA). Seems like a good deal when I'd have to pay about $45 for each bolt for mopar bolts

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's a kit for one side, two kits required per vehicle.

Ebay seller has em for 29.xxUS

Bob

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Would never use them but I guess some will
I've ran over 4 inches of lift for many many miles, right alignment guy can align no matter what height you are within reason
If its been in a wreck then either parts need to be replaced or subframe moved slightly like we have had to do on a couple of them

Last edited:

M38 Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tom you referring to cam bolts, or shim plates,,,or just anything non MOPAR, JBA, OME?

Personally, if I could get by with slipping in a shim instead of a session with a frame machine, it'd be a no brainer.
Cam bolts are highest quality American made, most likely the source OE gets them from.

Bob

tombo_ontario

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's a kit for one side, two kits required per vehicle.

Ebay seller has em for 29.xxUS

Bob

awesome...thanks! Ya I'll definitely be ordering those cam bolts this week.

As for those shims..it seems like a good fix for a problem like that, but I guess I too would feel a little weary of using them...:shrug:

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Tom you referring to cam bolts, or shim plates,,,or just anything non MOPAR, JBA, OME?

Personally, if I could get by with slipping in a shim instead of a session with a frame machine, it'd be a no brainer.
Cam bolts are highest quality American made, most likely the source OE gets them from.

Bob

Shims, no need for them