Noobie in assistance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LF_98

Reaction score
Hello everyone, new to the group! First time Jeep owner 196k & still running. Replaced the radiator & t-stat a few weeks ago; water pump & hoses are still new. I hear swishing from inside the heater core. Is it a stubborn air pocket?

JRB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello welcome. I haven't had air in mine yet but that sure sounds like it, people will jump in to guide you with more details. It helps to put in your post or signature what year your liberty for those who know them well to narrow it right down.

The important bits would be making sure you used proper hoat/coolant req on your liberty, that's for the kj, i'm not positive for the kk. There's a hex bleeder ***** where the top hose connects engine side I remember reading, and some have even had to put theirs on an incline to get all remaining air out of their system.

Hopefully you get it, but if not some will chime in with more helpful tips than mine.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
You have air in the system
What Tstat did you install, these only like MOPAR

LibertyTC

Staff member
Reaction score
Also did you use Mopar Hoat coolant or Zerex-G-05 only?
If you have used anything other than Hoat, the whole system will need to be flushed!
Yes you have trapped air in the heater core.
Just get jeep hot & crack the bleeder hex open slightly, until no air bubbles seen.
You may have to repeat that a few times, after full cool down overnight.
When cold, ensure coolant is at the cold line on reservoir/tank.
Use the correct tools, if never opened before, it can be on there super tight. Never attempt this just using a standard allen key! You do not want to strip it !
Hold steady with centered downward force, to shock it/crack it free. No need to over tighten it afterwards.

Attachments

• Air Bleed HEX Screw.jpg
    Air Bleed HEX Screw.jpg
    500.1 KB · Views: 15