Noob Here, Another Dumb Q....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

twindragons187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just bought my jeep liberty, its a 03 sport/freedom and has 63000 miles, atleast thats what it comes up on the insurance. i'm just curious if it was both a sport and freedom or what?? whats the difference between them? i've been picking threw this site for a couple of days and its a great site. thanx in advance.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
You have the gray painted fender flares with the fake fender bolts? Then it's a Freedom Edition.

But it was based on the "Sport" trim level, so that's why it says that. Pics?

twindragons187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes to the flare's but no to the bolts. also, was reading on what transmission i have?? its an auto and the crossmember bends back towards the rear, has a box on both driver and pass. side fenders. also, do all auto's come with a transmission cooler?? my ****** lines don't run into my rad. it has a sepret one that runs the length of the ac cooler. it also has a power steering cooler as well. this is all new to me, i just requested a build sheet from jeep to know what i have.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes to the flare's but no to the bolts. also, was reading on what transmission i have?? its an auto and the crossmember bends back towards the rear, has a box on both driver and pass. side fenders. also, do all auto's come with a transmission cooler?? my ****** lines don't run into my rad. it has a sepret one that runs the length of the ac cooler. it also has a power steering cooler as well. this is all new to me, i just requested a build sheet from jeep to know what i have.

Ooo, then you have the 45rfe ******! Thats the HD ******.

Dont let Tim know! :D

You must have the offroad package or the trailer tow package. Do you have a hitch?

twindragons187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no hitch, but there's threaded holes for where one goes. when i bought it it came back as tow package but didn't have a hitch or extra fan??? i have no idea??? it has 235/70/16's on it tho....has cd player, auto down windows(driver and pass) fold away power mirrors, and some wierd alarm that i have to have the dealer keys to start it(black keys). khaki in color, 4wheel drive "command track". and privacy glass.

twindragons187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
here's some pics of her....

Attachments

• SANY04942.jpg
    SANY04942.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 36
  • SANY04961.jpg
    SANY04961.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 24
  • SANY0494.jpg
    SANY0494.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 18

jtalef

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. It's been most helpful to me these past four years as well.

Looks like you've got the Sport edition. Nice Jeep, now it's time to start modding it! :)

twindragons187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it says sport on the side, but under the insurence, its a sport/freedom

don't know what thats all about

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I see no "freedom-ness" about it from the pics.

Sports FTW! I specifically didn't want a limited. I know some people don't like the plastic nonpainted flares. I don't like the painted ones, so there! :p

Dave

Administrator
KJ Supporting Member
KK Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I see no "freedom-ness" about it from the pics.

Sports FTW! I specifically didn't want a limited. I know some people don't like the plastic nonpainted flares. I don't like the painted ones, so there! :p

haha.....my fenders are painted.......haha.....:D j/k. It is good that everything is a little different. Imagine trying to find your jeep in a parking lot full of all the same one.......

Anyway, when you get the build sheet it will tell you. If you are impatient like me you can stop at any dealer and give them the last 8# of your vin# and they can print one instantly - no charge.

Dave

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only thing I dont like about painted fenders are the stupid people that cannot use their doors in a parking lot. If only I could break everyones door off I would like my painted flares.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only thing I dont like about painted fenders are the stupid people that cannot use their doors in a parking lot. If only I could break everyones door off I would like my painted flares.

That's the exact reason I didn't want them. Rock chips, shopping carts, etc.

I had my KJ for 2 weeks and some idiot parked his Dodge Ram AGAINST my front bumper, nose to nose. I came out of a resturaunt and it was still touching. I backed up and no scrapes...I woulda flipped out, but my new director was with me at lunch, and I figured it wouldn't put me in a favorable light to go nuts on a POS Ram. ;)

JIMMY JEEP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Iv'e got painted arches and prefer the look over the plastic ones but they arent practical and ive had all of them painted again due to stone chips ,bushes and idiots in parking spots.

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had my KJ for 2 weeks and some idiot parked his Dodge Ram AGAINST my front bumper, nose to nose. I came out of a resturaunt and it was still touching.

I can top that. I just rolled mine off the lot and went to eat at a Cracker-barrel. I mean JUST pulled out off the dealerships' lot and into Cracker-barrel. I went out early since I wanted to push all the pretty buttons and this old rusted 1940 truck pulls up and a big ol fat hill-billy gets out. Im sitting there and I feel a nudge and wouldnt you know it, he hit my door. It hit the piece that runs along the doors but didnt chip it. It did put a alittle dent in the plastic but gosh I wanted to bust his windshield out. He rolled out and said, "Sorry about that, sure is easy to do isnt it." Stupid fat hill billy...

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sprayed my flares with bedliner,among other parts of the body(maybe doing the whole KJ soon in bedliner).No rock chips and you can bounce doors off the all day long and not leave a mark.

twindragons187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
still haven't gotten the build sheet. wonder how long it takes. but as for as the sport/freedom, thats what it says next to my vin on my insurance card. looked at the driver's door and it was made 1-03. so i do have the good ****** that everyone was talken bout.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
Your insurance company probably place the Sport and Freedom in the same insurance bracket, and that's why you see it listed like that. The Limited or Renegade probably have another bracket. I forgot, mine does that. Insurance for a Limited or Renegade is higher than mine.

Atrus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sprayed my flares with bedliner,among other parts of the body(maybe doing the whole KJ soon in bedliner).No rock chips and you can bounce doors off the all day long and not leave a mark.

When mine start to fade out, I plan on doing this. I am actually thinking about using Line X from the crease in the door on down. I think it'd look good with the Jeep Green.

twindragons187

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i noticed that i also have the light for the lightbar offa the renne. wonder if i'd be able to get one without alot of fab work.

Members online