Non-Factory Tow Hooks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TRowe

Reaction score
So, I've been wanting to accessorize my 2005 KJ since I bought it in April. I thought I'd start simple, with a set of tow hooks. The Mopar hooks aren't terribly expensive, but I think I might have found a muuuuuuch cheaper alternative that is rated at 10,000 pounds. The only problem is, I have no idea if they'll work. If any of you mechanically inclined folks would take a look at these hooks and let me know what you think, I'd be most appreciative.

http://www.etrailer.com/Merchant2/m...e_Code=E&Product_Code=E59503&Category_Code=OR

Thanks!

Tim

waldn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
they look just like mine (and have been trail tested)
You must be registered for see images

TRowe

Reaction score
Nice! Did you have to drill any holes to mount them? I checked mine, and it doesn't look like the holes would line up if I were to mount them the traditional way, but I never even checked to see if they could be mounted sideways. Thanks for the response!

Tim

waldn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
had to have brackets manufactured that use the factory mounting holes.
decided to mount them sideways as they fit the holes in the bumper better in my opinion and it was easier to make brackets.

chetos

Full Access Member
Reaction score
waldn said:
had to have brackets manufactured that use the factory mounting holes.
decided to mount them sideways as they fit the holes in the bumper better in my opinion and it was easier to make brackets.

What kind of bracket did you have to make? have any pics? did you take your bumper off? thanks.

waldn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basically I had 2 angles made from plate steel
1 is 2X2 the other a 2X5 bolted together back to back
and use the factory mounting holes
yes I removed the bumper to install them
sorry no additional pics at the moment