Noisy Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1ksfan

Reaction score
I purchased a 2007 Liberty Sport 4X2 a few weeks ago. It has the standard 3.7 V6 with the 6-speed manual. It is very noisy with the engine sounding like a motorcycle. I've driven other Liberty models which were extremely quiet, but they were 4X4 automatics. The dealer had a 4X4 with the manual transmission and it was considerably quieter. They say this is normal because it is the 4X2 with the manual ******. They checked it out and didn't find anything wrong. Does anyone else have the 4X2, 3.7 with the 6-speed that can advise the engine noise level? Maybe, I'm just imagining the noise because I've driven a 4-cylinder forever.
Thanks - great forum here!

jimheem

Reaction score
Good to know the 2007's are still making the same noise, and somebody else noticed it.

Read my recent thread:

http://jeepkj.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=6333

The 2004 we just bought sounds like this. So did 3 2003's that we test drove. But ONLY the manual transmission models. The auto's sounded really smooth. The sound seems to diminish once everything gets all warmed up, but it's still there.