noise from rough country lift

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCOTTYBOY

Reaction score
installed 3" lift on libby now hearing knocking sounds from passenger side floor board slow when driving slow then picks up with speed also when going off curb i hear loud knocking fom the front underneath is it possible that the struts are compressing so much that they make that noise

SCOTTYBOY

Reaction score
replace struts?How is your CV axle angle?Mine is at to much of an angle.How does one fix that problem?

KJ04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SCOTTYBOY said:
replace struts?How is your CV axle angle?Mine is at to much of an angle.How does one fix that problem?

Your struts are bottoming out or shot and the upper A-Arm and balljoint are most likely coming in contact with the springs and making the noise. To confirm this, jack up one side of the front with the tire off the ground, then look at the position of the upper balljoint and the spring.

Solution, get rid of the front clevis lift and replace with 2 - 2.5" lift coil springs. Otherwise you'll be replacing your upper control arms and struts which will be costly.

SCOTTYBOY

Reaction score
am I getting rid of the spacer and the cleavis? because i've got a rough country lift w/stut spacers.Do I leave the strut alone or take that out to ](*,) how much would the 2-2.5 lift coils be any idea.So if I keep the struts in do the coils attach in place of the cleavis or what?Maybe you could post some pics of your front end so I know what your talking about I have an idea but I want to make sure. Thanks.....

warroversanchez

Reaction score
oh, oh i just got the 3" rough country for my 2wd kj,, did you thing, tha i will have some problems???
i don't make off road....

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.