Noise after lift...What next?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mx3_ryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Will I be able to see the ring gear teeth by just pulling the cover off?

uss2defiant

Full Access Member
Reaction score
would using an endoscope through the fill or drain hole help? that way you wont need to go through the trouble.

mx3_ryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just noticed the other day that I installed both my clevis's backwards when doing my lift and not there is not much space between rear boot on driver's side cv axle. Running the clevis backwards wouldn't affect anything though correct?

mx3_ryder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some aftermarket "new" CV axles are the wrong length,common issue and when your lifting/lowering a vehicle they will bind if to long and even if to short(most common).

What if maybe the original axle I removed was wrong length to begin with and the new aftermarket on is the same length and causing the same noise. Would the wrong length axle cause noise at stock height as well or just when lifted? How much difference in length is typically seen here? You think I should try a reman Napa and compare lengths?

Latest posts

Members online