No Heat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hydepin:

Cost me $616.00 CDN (hey, isn't that just about equal these days!) for new rad and labour!! I think you got a deal and I got ripped.. The idiots broke the airbag sensor putting it in, now they had to order that! I also had leaking power steering pressure hose, another $167.00. I complained about squeaky rear sway bar bushings for about the 10th time, told them I just wanted the bushings replaced and that if they kept it in the shop overnight and drove it, they wouldn't squeak. What did they do? Kept it in the shop overnight, drove it the next morning and they didn't squeak so they left them alone! Geez what's a mother to do...

valvestem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I suppose you could do a full flush on the cooling system as a whole (make sure the heater is on high and hot too!), but I am not sure if that's enough if it's plugged. My buddy actually pulled the heater core out and flushed it out in his utility tub in the house ;)

I don't think that the heater control is supposed to be open during a flush, becaus they say the sludge from the radiator can lodge in the heater core. This must be a fairly new procedure because years ago, the drill was to haveverything open to clean it all out. So...I guess the only proper way to clean the heater core would be to pull it out.

I don't know how this message got on this subject, it was supposed to go somewhere else!

Last edited:

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hydepin:

Cost me $616.00 CDN (hey, isn't that just about equal these days!) for new rad and labour!! I think you got a deal and I got ripped.. The idiots broke the airbag sensor putting it in, now they had to order that! I also had leaking power steering pressure hose, another $167.00. I complained about squeaky rear sway bar bushings for about the 10th time, told them I just wanted the bushings replaced and that if they kept it in the shop overnight and drove it, they wouldn't squeak. What did they do? Kept it in the shop overnight, drove it the next morning and they didn't squeak so they left them alone! Geez what's a mother to do...

The rear sway bar doesnt have bushings. :)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Marty, sounds like dealers are stealerships no matter where they are.
And, I actually thought there were no sway bars in the rear, forget about no bushings.. I thought that's why going over bumps was always softer in the front, and tougher on the back..

JeepJeepster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A sway bar could actually make it ride rougher.

Remember, the rear is a solid axle and the front is IFS. The front also has alot more weight hanging over it. :)

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, I know, I really like IFS, although off-roaders hate it because they cannot disconnect it.
Damn those moabs look better everytime I look at them.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
******** it.. There I said it. The problem is back for second winter. I got no heat again, this time it looks like I have enough coolant, too.. What the heck is wrong with Jeep... I just don't want to drop another $700 for a simple job. Damn it. I am not going to buy another vehicle, I will just lease it and return the sucker after 3 years. This is getting to my nerves.

AlexKJ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, I know, I really like IFS, although off-roaders hate it because they cannot disconnect it.

I think ******** off-roaders hate it b/c has shorter travel, easily a wheel lost contact with the ground, lifting is expensive and you get smaller lifts than with a SFA...

About disconnects... Maybe you should look at this

You must be registered for see images

Cheers

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
That is a nice little tool for the desperate crowd out there :) At least there are options with KJ..

On a seperate note.. ******** IT F*$* $*%( F*%*% S@*# B$*(W*(. My radiator is cracked again, and that's why I am not getting any heat. Can you believe this $h*t.. This is unbelievable. I don't even wheel. Why would it crack again within a year. Damn. I had some coolant in the jeep on the weekend, and today NON!

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sure hope so.

hyde

KJ Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was.
Luckily, I was able to get the attention of the manager at the dealership, and he asked me to bring it in. I asked them to look it at it while I am there and confirm to me that it is the same thing and can be replaced under warranty.. Of course he said "yeah, let's check if it is not caused by something else..." Well it is obviously the same issue, even exact same spot, leaking coolant from that bolt.

They will check it out while I wait there tomorrow morning.
After adding coolant I noticed that I got a puddle under the hood. It is leaking all over the suspension..