No check engine light.Help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

slimbwoy

Reaction score
Hello, I am working on a 2006 jeep liberty 65th anniversary whch has a no crank no start issue. This car had been sitting in a garage for about 7 years and still looks ok besides the dust, about 60k miles. I had a damaged engine bay harness which was replaced and now I have no crank. I also noticed that there isnt a check engine light when the ignition comes on. So i tried another PCM but same thing. Now the Immobilizer light goes of then comes back and remain on. I only have one key. I don't hear fuel pump and code reader doesn't seem to connect to any of the modules. I think the harness is bad or wrong, What could it be.? It does crank if I jump the relay.

rjkj2005

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The different PCM won't work without the key it is matched up to. That's why the immobilizer light is on. Check all connections. Even those on the transmission. Especially the one that goes to the shifter indicator. If it is unplugged the PCM can't tell if it's in park and it will not allow somethings to function ( fuel pump, and starter)

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk