Nitro Detonator 4.0 in KK?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeepman56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dodge is coming out with a "Detonator" edition of their Nitro with a 260hp 265 lb-ft 4.0L V6 in it. Is there any hope that this engine could be swapped into a KK?

Idaho08KK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You don't want it. it's based on the LH/LX/Pacifica DOHC engines.

+1

I want a CRD to come back....

+100

Forget the 4.0, you want the new 3.6L Pentastar. 280Hp, 260lb-ft of torque. I really hope they start putting this engine in the KK.

jnaut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want a CRD to come back....

If it did it would be nice if came back without all the problems I read about over on Lost.

When happy CRD owners themselves admit that owning a CRD is a "labor of love", you know you're going to have your hands full of issues.

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
+1

+100

Forget the 4.0, you want the new 3.6L Pentastar. 280Hp, 260lb-ft of torque. I really hope they start putting this engine in the KK.
Not to mention how beautiful this engine is, and I won't even get started on the smooth power delivery and wonderful torque curve!

Jeepman56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That pentastar engine looks nice but is it a direct bolt in for the KK? That was the most appealing factor I saw for the new Nitro engine (if it bolts in, which I thought it would).