Newer style Moabs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iiTempesT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What do yall think about these Moabs that you can get on the 13-15 Jeep Wranglers. Yes I do know I would need a 5x4.5 to 5x5 adaptor. The wheels dimension are 17x7.5 44.45 offset and a 6.25 bakcspacing. Spidertrax spacers are 1.25 inches so you would be left with an even 5 inches of backspacing!

You must be registered for see images
[/URL][/IMG]

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only Mopar makes these rims, but I guess Mopar parts are being made in China nowadays anyways like everything else...
No MOPAR has a contract to another company to make these rims for them and it happens to be in china(cheapest bidder).There is no MOPAR factory at all in china.

Most of the vehicles these days are made by the company who's name is stamped on it,it's mostly sub-contracted out and the final assembly plant is just that. Assembles all the parts.

CalcityRenegade

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I think those rims are 1 step above basic steel rims, Nothing more lol, I would go for older Moab's or Cragar Soft 8's if I were to get new rims.

iiTempesT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally I think those rims are 1 step above basic steel rims, Nothing more lol, I would go for older Moab's or Cragar Soft 8's if I were to get new rims.

Yeah I can pretty much get all four cragars for one of those wheels if they are directly bought from a dealership

tlrtucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Personally, I really liked these rims at first. Then a friend pointed out that they looked just like the new Subaru wheels and now I hate them. lol.

Might want to look at that "Made in china" molded into the rim on the backside.

Because 100% of everything coming out of China is crap? Some of the things you say really make me laugh. Not in a good way.

Last edited:

the_dealer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Vehicle related,yes anything out of china is pure crap.
Not entirely true, esp in the car audio world. Just because something is manufactured in China doesn't mean it's crap. The quality of material and QC determines whether it's crap or not. Sadly though, most things made in China are in plants with crap QC using the cheapest materials available. SKF bearings are a good example. I've had them marked China, Taiwan, Germany, and everywhere else...but that doesn't mean they were crap.

Back on topic, those are one of the ugliest factory jeep rims made. No way I'd actually pay money for them. To each his own, but you can get Moab's for the same price. I got my Moab's and paid for powder coating and shipping...and still came out cheaper than what I've seen those go for around here.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab®4 on 38's

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online