newbie with a stupid question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pdxKJ

Reaction score
I just bought a 2006 KJ used with 8000 miles, my questions is how do I know if I have Track Lock (limited slip differential). I am planning my future services (I will do most of them) and don't know if I need the additive? I will appreciate your help.

By the way I ordered already 4 Wranglers Silent Armors to replace the OEs, will post pictures after they arrive. Thanks

desertkj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's no stupid questions on here. Anyways, I would order a build sheet from Jeep just so you can see what all exactly you have throughout the entire Jeep. Other than that, I know I dont have the Limited-Slip so I'm not sure what exactly to look for.

06LibertySSE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have an 06 you should have the standard Electronic Stability Program. So Im not even sure if you can have the Track Lock Diff. with ESP I think that was only on 05 and olders...

pdxKJ

Reaction score
Thank you guys, I will try to contact Jeep to see if I ca get a build sheet, yes I do have the ESP, but I am not sure if that means no LSD. The owners manual still mentions it as an option, so I don't know since I bought used and did not get all the info you get on a new car. An option could be taking the car to have an oiul change next time to dealer and ask them to check.

If anyone has more ideas or know the answer please let me know

pdxKJ

Reaction score
Marlon_JBT said:
You can't have an '06 and have Trac-Loc.

However, the only stupid question is a question you never ask.

Thanks Marlon, so this means that when I change the rear differencial oil/grease, it will not need the additional additive, right?

Terry

Marlon_JB2

Kombat Edition Jeep
Reaction score
pdxKJ said:
Marlon_JBT said:
You can't have an '06 and have Trac-Loc.

However, the only stupid question is a question you never ask.

Thanks Marlon, so this means that when I change the rear differencial oil/grease, it will not need the additional additive, right?

Terry
Yip... don't need it.

gabegt90

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yeah the way you find out is a tag on the right side of the rear end I looked today at my moms liberty it said 3.73 traction lock

CRD4Liberty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My build sheet off the window is in the glove compartment with my manual. That's where the dealer put it.