Newbie - wheel recommendation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

samoss58

Reaction score
Hey all! Got an 02 liberty for my 17 yr old daughter. Would like to change the wheels to something that looks a little better than the steeles with "chrome" skins. I see a lot of wrangler wheel pop up on Craigslist, most of them jk's. Can anyone give me some recommendations to enhance the look and take up some of the wheel well space. And can I pretty much replace with any other jeep 5x4.5 wheel. Also, on the jk and other jeep 5x5 wheels, is there an issue with using an adapter, or does anything need adjusted if the wheel size is larger (17").

Any help would be great. Thanks.

You must be registered for see images attach

samoss58

Reaction score
Looking at these old style wrangler wheels with 31x10.5 tires. Would these just bolt on with any issue? Anyone used this style before and know how they look?

tjkj2002

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can tell you those tires in the 1st pic are alot smaller then stock tires and no the older 15 alloy rims will not fit.

Any tire above 245/70R16(30") will require a lift and any use of spacers will also.

kyled

Reaction score
The P235/70R16 will look the nicest on the Jeep Liberty. The safest option though is the size and style the factory installed. Check the label on the driver's door jamb for original size and pressure settings, because that varies.

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
The P235/70R16 will look the nicest on the Jeep Liberty. The safest option though is the size and style the factory installed. Check the label on the driver's door jamb for original size and pressure settings, because that varies.
235-70-16 were an optional size
245-701-6 looks good if its not sagged too much
answered you on Jeep Forum by the way

tommudd

Staff member
Reaction score
Looking at these old style wrangler wheels with 31x10.5 tires. Would these just bolt on with any issue? Anyone used this style before and know how they look?

Those would take at least a 3 inch lift
and not a spacer lift

Latest posts

Members online